MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Mar 31, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #376 of 1,383

yes, no, and yes :) it's extremely comfortable to wear, after a few minutes you even forget it's on your head. all while staying steadily in place, not at all like the ever-unstable K1000. you have to fiddle a bit though until the speakers are in the right position for your ears.

sound-wise, the two prototypes provided at our meet gave a very good foretaste of what's to come. beautiful treble extension and clarity without even the hint of sibilance, and a clean and nice presentation of dr. chesky's heartbeat tracks down to 20hz. the big problem with these prototypes were the over-emphasized upper mids which somewhat clouded the overall experience. once that's ironed out, imho this will be a killer headphone second to none. luckily i still have both my kidneys
biggrin.gif

Just want to mention, this proto's was just ONE of many possible sound adjustments. I optimised it mainly with and for Live Jazz recordings.
It's our aim to find out the best suitable one for your tastes. maybe different to other companies, it's very easy and fast to adjust the acoustics for us :)
BR heinz

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #377 of 1,383

yes, no, and yes :) it's extremely comfortable to wear, after a few minutes you even forget it's on your head. all while staying steadily in place, not at all like the ever-unstable K1000. you have to fiddle a bit though until the speakers are in the right position for your ears.

sound-wise, the two prototypes provided at our meet gave a very good foretaste of what's to come. beautiful treble extension and clarity without even the hint of sibilance, and a clean and nice presentation of dr. chesky's heartbeat tracks down to 20hz. the big problem with these prototypes were the over-emphasized upper mids which somewhat clouded the overall experience. once that's ironed out, imho this will be a killer headphone second to none. luckily i still have both my kidneys
biggrin.gif

damn. that's awesome. is the fit going to be an issue? like you have to got it right to make it sound great.and is it hard to get the right fit? 

how about the bass? is it go deep? or similar like k1000 more about mid bass hump if i remember correctly

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #378 of 1,383

Just want to mention, this proto's was just ONE of many possible sound adjustments. I optimised it mainly with and for Live Jazz recordings.
It's our aim to find out the best suitable one for your tastes. maybe different to other companies, it's very easy and fast to adjust the acoustics for us :)
BR heinz

wait. are you saying the tuning could be custom to the buyer need?

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #379 of 1,383
BR heinz

in that case i'd like to test a more neutral adjustment next time we meet :wink: until then i'll keep enjoying your K1000!

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #380 of 1,383
Just some concerns:

- Will there be dark or matte color options available? Perhaps something like anodized black or graphite. I think the photos clearly show how ugly shiny silver can get under real world usages.

- So it will be using single cable-entry at a time, will there be locking mechanism? Also, from the position and direction of cable-entry, looks like it could cause not-so-tiny cable to press on shoulder..

- Is the internal wiring based on printed-wires, and surface contacts between moving parts?

We'll offer different colors in future and also matte surfaces on request. However, this will not be available from the beginning.

The electric connection can be used:
> single sided symmetric
> single sided non symmetric
> both sided symmetric
The specific cable connector is not decided now and we are still in the optimization phase there.

The internal wiring consist out of flat gold wires. Also hard gold surface contacts offering extreme high reliability which are used in professional electronics normally. If not trusting to this feature, it's possible to use the both sided contact method.

BR heinz

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #381 of 1,383

wait. are you saying the tuning could be custom to the buyer need?

Good idea! :wink:
But sorry - NO! What I wanted to say is, that we are creating some different sound tunes within the next weeks (so April) and will test them with some professional beta testers.
After this action, we will release the final tuning.

BR heinz

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #382 of 1,383
damn. that's awesome. is the fit going to be an issue? like you have to got it right to make it sound great.and is it hard to get the right fit? 

how about the bass? is it go deep? or similar like k1000 more about mid bass hump if i remember correctly

The bass response is not tuned as K1000.
It's really flat till sub bass - but no bass extension like a certain peak at low frequencies like many other has. It's our aim to realize NEUTRAL sound with great short impulse response.

BR heinz

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #383 of 1,383

as with all headphones, you'll get the best sound when the driver is correctly aligned to your ears. and since the headband of these 'phones always stays in a fixed position, you have to move the speaker up/down/back/forward until it fits best. but they still sound great when you don't get it 100% right.

and as i said it goes smoothly down to 20hz at least, i didn't notice a mid bass hump.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #384 of 1,383
@hrklg01
i see. thanks for the update. can't wait for the final tuning. and i have to agree with kn19h7, based on the photo the headphone doesn't looks attractive/exciting, that silver finish kinda a turn off

@ampair
thanks for the impression and quick reply! really appreciate it.and the link to the vienna meet,looks great!  

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #386 of 1,383
@hrklg01

i see. thanks for the update. can't wait for the final tuning. and i have to agree with kn19h7, based on the photo the headphone doesn't looks attractive/exciting, that silver finish kinda a turn off

@ampair

thanks for the impression and quick reply! really appreciate it.and the link to the vienna meet,looks great!  

Yes, understood!
For me the color is not important - as I'm color blind! :wink:
But our designer will appreciate any input of course.
BR heinz

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #388 of 1,383

Just some concerns:

- Will there be dark or matte color options available? Perhaps something like anodized black or graphite. I think the photos clearly show how ugly shiny silver can get under real world usages.

- So it will be using single cable-entry at a time, will there be locking mechanism? Also, from the position and direction of cable-entry, looks like it could cause not-so-tiny cable to press on shoulder..

- Is the internal wiring based on printed-wires, and surface contacts between moving parts?

We'll offer different colors in future and also matte surfaces on request. However, this will not be available from the beginning.

The electric connection can be used:
> single sided symmetric
> single sided non symmetric
> both sided symmetric
The specific cable connector is not decided now and we are still in the optimization phase there.

The internal wiring consist out of flat gold wires. Also hard gold surface contacts offering extreme high reliability which are used in professional electronics normally. If not trusting to this feature, it's possible to use the both sided contact method.

BR heinz

- I see.

- Something like the ones on Utopia or MrSpeaker cans could be nice, but those are probably too bulky to fit into current design..

- Have your team considered wiring mechanism similar to the Sennheiser HD25 variants? That may not look so pretty, but would avoid having signal traveling through moving joints.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #389 of 1,383

- I see.

- Something like the ones on Utopia or MrSpeaker cans could be nice, but those are probably too bulky to fit into current design..

- Have your team considered wiring mechanism similar to the Sennheiser HD25 variants? That may not look so pretty, but would avoid having signal traveling through moving joints.

Of course, yes we considered such wiring as well.
But it's not robust enough according to our experiments.
KR heinz

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #390 of 1,383

- I see.

Of course, yes we considered such wiring as well.
But it's not robust enough according to our experiments.
KR heinz

Would it be possible to have thick copper wiring instead of flat gold wiring? Perhaps what you could do would be two sets of wiring internally, what you guys have in mind currently if the user ants to use it single sided, for convenience, but for those who Want to push the audio performance with a double sided connection, have a short thick copper wire connecting the socket to the driver directly. This will be able to satisfy both groups of customers.

Also with regards to the Colour perhaps you can consider a sand blasted or Matt silver :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back