MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Mar 21, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #317 of 1,383
The cable will come at least in two optional variants:
a) Short with 3,5mm + 6,25mm Adapter for mobile use
c) Long with 4 pole XLR for symmetric stationary use.
No piggy tail!
The novum: Single sided connected to the earphone even in the case of symmetric connection.
BR heinz

Mar 21, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #318 of 1,383
Could we have 2 long cables instead please? I don't think a short cable is necessary here :D

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #319 of 1,383
The novum: Single sided connected to the earphone even in the case of symmetric connection.

Sorry, I didn't get it. Do you mean that you can connect the cable either to the right or the left side (like some Dj headphones)? By the way, the connector on the headphones is a 3.5mm jack?

Could we have 2 long cables instead please? I don't think a short cable is necessary here
biggrin.gif

I would not be so sure. The Mysphere is going to be quite sensitive, so people will be able to use it with portable devices. And now many people prefer to use their headphones with something like the Mojo or AK380, instead of big home amps and dacs.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #320 of 1,383
Sorry, I didn't get it. Do you mean that you can connect the cable either to the right or the left side (like some Dj headphones)? By the way, the connector on the headphones is a 3.5mm jack?

I would not be so sure. The Mysphere is going to be quite sensitive, so people will be able to use it with portable devices. And now many people prefer to use their headphones with something like the Mojo or AK380, instead of big home amps and dacs.

Hello,
Sorry, may be I described it not clear enough.
> The cable can be connected either on the left or the right side of the headphone bow.
> The internal wiring is completely symmetric designed. This is valid for the internal wire length as well.
> When connecting a cable with unsymmetrical source - it will work as well.
> The used connector at the moment is a 4-pole 3,5mm jack on the headphone side. However, we're still searching for a clever alternative. It's about small size, and low mass as well.... Any good idea are welcome when passed by a PM to me.
> Yes, Mysphere 3.1 will be quite sensitive and usable for small and not so powerful amps. This is why devices as AK380 would fit perfect. But such devices offer not in all cases symmetric amps. This is why we will offer both connection types for the cables..
> However, the cable will be an option which shall be selected during the purchasing process. Of course more than one cable variant will also possible to select.
BR heinz

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #322 of 1,383
Any chance to have earpads compatible?

Like a round molding around that a ear parts so a pad from Brainwavz or ZMF can just wrap around the headphones?

Not compatible to MySphere 3.1
Necessary acoustic adjustment of the complete internal architecture is totaly different when using ear pads.
MySphere 3.1 will be designed totaly open and acoustical transparent.

What's the purpose for your request?

Br heinz

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #324 of 1,383

Hello,
Sorry, may be I described it not clear enough.
> The cable can be connected either on the left or the right side of the headphone bow.
> The internal wiring is completely symmetric designed. This is valid for the internal wire length as well.
> When connecting a cable with unsymmetrical source - it will work as well.
> The used connector at the moment is a 4-pole 3,5mm jack on the headphone side. However, we're still searching for a clever alternative. It's about small size, and low mass as well.... Any good idea are welcome when passed by a PM to me.
> Yes, Mysphere 3.1 will be quite sensitive and usable for small and not so powerful amps. This is why devices as AK380 would fit perfect. But such devices offer not in all cases symmetric amps. This is why we will offer both connection types for the cables..
> However, the cable will be an option which shall be selected during the purchasing process. Of course more than one cable variant will also possible to select.
BR heinz

Thank you, now I understand. It works the same way as the AKG K267 but also allows to use the balanced connection. Really nice!
Regarding the connector, It seems quite difficult to find another option, considering that it must be short and have a small diameter.
The Lemo connector which is used in the AKG K812 (but with 4 pins) is really nice in use and the diameter seems small enough. But it's so long...
The really great connectors used by MrSpeakers (evalucon SN-8-4(P)) are one of sturdiest and very easy to use. But they seem too bulky like it won't fit into the headband. 
The same goes for 4-pin mini-xlr, I guess. 
It seems that there's no other choice but a 4-pole 3,5 mm jack, even though it's not very sturdy and so easy to disconnect. At least among the connectors which are already used in other headphones. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #325 of 1,383
I am soooo eager to listen to the prototype this Saturday! I'll reserve a special table for you, Heinz :)

Thank you !
We will not need much space, but a relative quiet area would be helpful, as Mysphere 3.1 is acoustically totally open.
As amp I will come with Lake People HPA RS 02/08.
For comparison I bring Focal Utopia, Sennheiser HD800s and AKG K1000 Prototype as well.
As music source I do have only my notebook. But I'm sure many other will have their own sound source with them. As Mysphere 3.1 is quite sensitive, there is no problem for any amp.

BR heinz

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #327 of 1,383

I am soooo eager to listen to the prototype this Saturday! I'll reserve a special table for you, Heinz
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you !
We will not need much space, but a relative quiet area would be helpful, as Mysphere 3.1 is acoustically totally open.
As amp I will come with Lake People HPA RS 02/08.
For comparison I bring Focal Utopia, Sennheiser HD800s and AKG K1000 Prototype as well.
As music source I do have only my notebook. But I'm sure many other will have their own sound source with them. As Mysphere 3.1 is quite sensitive, there is no problem for any amp.

BR heinz

The "relatively quiet" part will be a challenge, but I'll see what I can do. See you on Saturday!

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #329 of 1,383
Will you able to share impressions of your experience on the forum, or is that prohibited given that it's not the final production version? 

Of course everybody can post impressions!
However, we are quite sure, that we can and want this meet&greet to get additional input to listening experience with Mysphere 3.1 acoustic prototype.
Based on the results and other inputs we might vary the acoustic adjustment towards final one.
That's at least the plan behind! :wink:
BR heinz

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #330 of 1,383
Is there a waiting list yet to buy these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back