MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Feb 25, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #301 of 1,383
It's the top technologies that are showcased that demonstrate the best audio capable with todays technology that lets us see something new for once, also that tech can eventually be passed down into the less expensive models that mr renner plans on making. Kind of like how the new cheaper aeon from mrspeakers uses the same "flow" design first founded in the much more expensive ether line

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #302 of 1,383
It's best to wait for the release and auditions before making judgments about price, comfort, etc. It looks really special and very cool of the developer to be answering questions at this stage. I hope it's a successful venture, as that can only help advance innovation and creativity in the industry.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #303 of 1,383
It's always a combination of sound, comfort and build quality... For example, we know that with HiFiMAN, while the sound is usually top notch, the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. Look at the HE1000 and compare it with the Utopia. Or to an extreme level, the Shangri-La vs the HE1... Yeah, you can't compare the build quality of these products. Or Audeze. Compare the LCD-2 to something like Mr. Speaker's Ether. Same story. A high-school project vs a modern sleekly built phone.
My point is, if these sound excellent and are built well, they might as well sell for 3 grands or so. Pricing them much lower, while it would be really cool, makes no sense, especially for a company's first product. A trickled-down version might then go for half the price.
But it's all irrelevant right now anyway, because we are discussing the build quality and sound of a product that's not even released yet 
biggrin.gif

IMO, the concept and what I've read so far seems very promising and as someone who's owned the HE1000 [though I did not pay full price] I'd be much more willing to pay similar money for a well-built, good sounding, Austria made product 
beerchug.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #304 of 1,383
Tyll of Innerfidelity wrote an article for Stereophile recently on the ongoing quest by many companies to succeed in finding a viable way
to take the sound of cans and make them more 3D, speaker like...take that sound out of our heads basically.
(in Ty's op, this is very difficult to achieve thus far: the only commercially available technology that has really done such is the Smyth Realiser)

'Of headphones to come'

http://www.stereophile.com/content/headphones-come#WibqPkCTGKHDjgg8.97

and an article Ty refers to that talks about relating to the original K1000.

'A tale of 4 headphones'

http://www.stereophile.com/content/tale-four-headphones#d0ubeqB5lGC3ri1R.97

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #306 of 1,383
i can't really argue about the product and the price since it's not release yet. and made judgement based from the picture is kinda stupid but those pictures help us to give some ideas. and since there's not even final specification released yet so you really have no idea what this headphone is all about. but one thing for sure this headphone using the floating concept. it's very unique. the use of floating design itself earn some acknowledgement. if they could implement it right.it could be a really serious sounding headphone

but i do have some doubt. even though the team consist of group of people who already had credibility making great product. the company itself still pretty new. i have no idea how big the company is, their track record, their services, all that stuff. so the idea of spend a huge chunk of money to basically a new company seems frightening.especially consider a recent history with some new companies in headphone industry.sure they made a really great sounding headphones but the reliability kinda sucks.

i'm really hoping the team took all the time they need and making sure  the product is ready, final and all tested.no product should be released before it’s time. i really looking forward for this headphone and may your company have wonderful journey

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #307 of 1,383
i can't really argue about the product and the price since it's not release yet. and made judgement based from the picture is kinda stupid but those pictures help us to give some ideas. and since there's not even final specification released yet so you really have no idea what this headphone is all about. but one thing for sure this headphone using the floating concept. it's very unique. the use of floating design itself earn some acknowledgement. if they could implement it right.it could be a really serious sounding headphone

but i do have some doubt. even though the team consist of group of people who already had credibility making great product. the company itself still pretty new. i have no idea how big the company is, their track record, their services, all that stuff. so the idea of spend a huge chunk of money to basically a new company seems frightening.especially consider a recent history with some new companies in headphone industry.sure they made a really great sounding headphones but the reliability kinda sucks.

i'm really hoping the team took all the time they need and making sure  the product is ready, final and all tested.no product should be released before it’s time. i really looking forward for this headphone and may your company have wonderful journey

Exactly!
We'll take all the time needed to test everything according to specs, customer expectations, and reliability criteria.
And we'll release the project status from time to time.
The next release is expected on the Homepage www.mysphere.at in first week of March.
But feel free if anything is unclear, may be I can answer it in advance.
KR heinz

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #308 of 1,383
You two just put into words how I feel much better than I could myself. I actually feel reassured by Mr. Heinz post. Thank you.

I have just been so burnt out on high end ($2-5k) headphones lately. While I'm usually smitten with them at first the honeymoon is usually over after a month or two and I find myself liking the hd800 and 007mk1 not just more in build quality and comfort but even sound quality as well which really should not be the case.

The sr-009 and Utopia deserve some props but even those headphones I don't think I could go more than $2k BNIB with the hd800 and 007mk1 around. I did get rid of the 007mk1's but that was more for amp options and to be more specific lack of in's and out's.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #315 of 1,383
So when is this supposed to be unveiled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back