MYSPHERE 3.1 "FAQ's"
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #61 of 165
I'm asked frequently about the electric connection of MYSPHERE.

Please see the attached scheme how the built in 3.5mm TRRS jacks of MYSPHERE are connected.

connector scheme Myspere.JPG

Have fun trying your own cable designs!

BR heinz

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #62 of 165
I'm asked frequently about the electric connection of MYSPHERE.

Please see the attached scheme how the built in 3.5mm TRRS jacks of MYSPHERE are connected.

Have fun trying your own cable designs!

BR heinz

Perfect!

I somehow got this right on the first try...then got it wrong twice in a row for a second cable and had to ask Heinz for help, and finally got it right :)

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #63 of 165
Hello friends,

As previously announced, I would like to mention those amplifiers that are well to pair with the MYSPHERE 3.

First of all, to explain that one of the development goals of this handset was, despite completely open design (no front pad which generate back pressure) to offer enough sensitivity to not necessarily need a performance monster of an AMP to drive.

This goal has been achieved and you can have a lot of fun with the MYSPHERE 3 even with mobile players.

Here, however, I would like to report exclusively on stationary devices suitable for the MYSPHERE 3, because they simply bring enough power to convey the enormous impulsiveness of this headphone. So they provide enough voltage and power to perform such impulses as recorded.

As mentioned earlier in this and other thread, due to the high electromotive force of the EMF, not every amplifier is suitable, which often plays very well with other headphones. That's why this list is written.

I deliberately do not do a ranking because in my opinion this makes no sense, too big are simply the respective differences in prices but also the preferences of the individual user.

The list is written in alphabetical order and contains only such devices, which I myself could try in the past with sufficient time and peace and, so to speak, got my ok for the drive of the MYSPHERE 3.

It is also stated which headphone variant fits (there are also amplifier devices where both variants are well suited.

Additional keywords of my impressions:

Audiovalve Solaris
Very neutral sound, excellent spatial presentation, powerful, OTL mode possible> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Audiovalve Luminare
Very neutral sound, great spatial representation, OTL mode possible> MS3.1 + MS3.2

BMC ULTRA DAC
Pure warm sound, lots of power and dynamic,> MS3.2

Bryston BHA - 1
Lively musically, transparent, very good sound stage, sufficiently strong> MS3.2

Burson Conductor 3 Reference
Pure full warm sound, good control in the bass, enough power> MS3.2

Cavalli Liquid Fire
Very good balanced clean sound, enough power> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Cayin HA-300
Excellent spatiality, very good momentum> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Crayon CHA-1
Great performance, bass and warmth, very good momentum and spaciousness> MS3.1 + MS3.2

DNA Stellaris
Very transparent, strong> MS3.1

Eddie Current Aficionado
Sufficient performance, good tonal balance and musicality> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Feliks Audio Euforia
Neutral sound, enough power and dynamics, good sound stage> MS3.1 + MS3.2

GraceDesign m903
Warm pleasant sound, sufficient power> MS3.2

IfI Pro ICan
Good performance, warm sound> MS3.1 + MS3.2

Lake People HPA RS08
Neutral sound, enough power> MS3.2

LTA MicroZotl MZ2
Warm sound, good transparents and good sound stage> MS3.2

Malwave Head Amp three Mk 4
Lots of power, warm pleasant musical sound> MS3.2

MASS-KOBO 394 mk2
Lots of power, performance, good stage> MS3.2

Meier-Audio Corda Soul
Clear neutral sound with built in EQ, clean mids and high frequencies> MS3.2

Paltauf HPA-100
Pure power, neutral sound, very good stage> MS3.2

Paltauf Universal Tubes AMP
Good performance, very good specialty> MS3.2

Passlabs HPA-1
Enough performance, transparent sound, good space> MS3.2

Pathos Aurium
Sufficient power, good neutral playback> MS3.2

Riviera AIC-10
Pure control, tremendous power, transparency and warmth, great space> MS3.1 + MS3.2

RME ADI-2 Pro
Sufficient power, neutral sound with EQ can be influenced> MS3.2

Woo Audio WA 33
Lots of power, transparency and warmth, very good space> MS3.1

Have fun, your Heinz

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #64 of 165
Hello friends,
B-cushion (3).jpg
B-cushion vs N-cushion.JPG
Soundframe.jpg

As announced earlier, we are working on a new additional ear padding version.
The goal is to achieve significantly more bass levels without changing the "transparency" of the MYSPHERE 3.
It is important for me to explain that the standard ear pads do nothing bad, but only represent the sound to the ear as the recording was made.

The new prototype is now in the beta phase and it clearly shows its strengths with various pop and film music or even samplers etc.
The advantage is that it is simple fun, even if the original recording does not offer as much deep bass.
The disadvantages are that it sit or hovers a little closer to the ear, so it is designed to sit on the ear loose, which in turn means slightly warmer ears. No fear! Not as bad as other headphones! :)
If you tilt the drivers further away from the ear, it is transferred to almost normal MYSPHERE 3 - which in turn means that the angle to the ear is a little more critical.
Sure, the advantage of this effect is that you can adapt the headphone to the music without changing anything on the hardware side.

I'm curious to see what our beta testers will mention about it, I like myself it and I expect the new Type B will be loved from others and to be ready for buy after the end tests at the end of February.

Best wishes and happy new year,
Your heinz

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #65 of 165
As announced earlier, we are working on a new additional ear padding version.
The goal is to achieve significantly more bass levels without changing the "transparency" of the MYSPHERE 3.
It is important for me to explain that the standard ear pads do nothing bad, but only represent the sound to the ear as the recording was made.
Hello, Heinz,
Can you upload another graph where we could see both the old and new versions together? It just seems that this version has much more bass, especially below 40 Hz. Can you explain how you achieved it just by changing the pad? The ear is supposed to be inside that dent on the pad?
By the way, you should probably change the size of the picture of the pad. It is a little difficult to read the thread. Like this:
B-cushion_3.jpg

Dec 27, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #66 of 165
Hello, Heinz,
Can you upload another graph where we could see both the old and new versions together? It just seems that this version has much more bass, especially below 40 Hz. Can you explain how you achieved it just by changing the pad? The ear is supposed to be inside that dent on the pad?
By the way, you should probably change the size of the picture of the pad. It is a little difficult to read the thread. Like this:

Hello,

The effect how we create the boost at the lower frequencies is just the "normal" effect of cushions used for almost all other headphones.
It is using the dynamic pressure (or ram pressure named) of the driver as it offer huge pumped air volume.
The difference in detail is, that we managed it limit the effect on the lower frequencies only, and it use there almost half space instead of full space, which lead to +6dB by nature.

The graphs you wanted to see, I can provide when being back in office from my vacation....
What I showed is the difference curve in amplitude.

The listeners ear will not be located "in" the cushion - just very close to it

Sorry that you do not see the photo as it should be. Difficult for me to judge what to do, because I see it on various devices quite normal...!?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #67 of 165
Hello,

The effect how we create the boost at the lower frequencies is just the "normal" effect of cushions used for almost all other headphones.
It is using the dynamic pressure (or ram pressure named) of the driver as it offer huge pumped air volume.
The difference in detail is, that we managed it limit the effect on the lower frequencies only, and it use there almost half space instead of full space, which lead to +6dB by nature.

I thought that normal headphones have a lot of bass because the cup and the earpad create some sort of chamber around the ear that prevents the low frequencies to dissipate. Something that the Mysphere cannot have.
I found the old graph you posted before (the green line):
fgjssjfs.jpg B-cushion_vs_N-cushion.JPG
It looks like the Mysphere with the new pad should sound very differently.

Sorry that you do not see the photo as it should be. Difficult for me to judge what to do, because I see it on various devices quite normal...!?
Well, it works all right on mobile phones and other small devices, but on my big PC screen the picture is huge relative to the text. Well, never mind.

Dec 27, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #68 of 165
Since a few days the new bass pads are playing on my Mysphere. First of all I would like to thank Heinz, who made them available for a beta test.

Because of my wide spread musical taste I tested them with all genres from classical, jazz, pop to metal and EDM.

I am really very impressed with these new pads. With electronic music or movies the bass comes across sometimes brutal without distortion and ultra-clean. Without measurement I would appreciate about 6dB more bass without touching the treble. Wow! Acoustic instruments colors a little bit that's the small price you have to pay for this tuning. But I say for someone who listens to rock, metal and electronic music this tuning is the one you hear most often in the end. For jazz and classical music I still use the stock pads.
In the end I was also someone who prefers a Stellia to a Utopia even if the Utopia gives the clearer picture of the music-
I must now say that with the two cushions and the Mysphere I cover every really every genre.
Great work Heinz these bass pads are top notch!

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #70 of 165
hello @Venture Guy ,
Thank you for rising this question. Also anther head-fier did it already.
Till now I experimented to less to make a list of such mobile devices fitting to MYSPHERE 3.
However what I know till now is:
WOO-Audio WA11 Topas: It's sounding great and relative "warm" for an solid state class A amp. It's much more like a good tube amp :) The transparency is great as well.
ASTELL & KERN Kann Cube: Great transparency and lot of peak power compared to other mobile players.
AUDIOQUEST Dragonfly Red: Very good image, precise overall. Peak power is missing (Logically because of little power)
not preferred:
CHORD Hugo 2: I mention it only because you asked for. Sorry, but it cannot handle this headphone, it start to distort early :frowning2:
SONY NW-WM1Z: Similar to Chord's Hugo :frowning2:
Hope I can tell later in 2020 more about mobile devices fitting to MYSPHERE 3 great....
BR heinz

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #71 of 165
I thought that normal headphones have a lot of bass because the cup and the earpad create some sort of chamber around the ear that prevents the low frequencies to dissipate. Something that the Mysphere cannot have.
I found the old graph you posted before (the green line):

It looks like the Mysphere with the new pad should sound very differently.

Hello @qazxsw80
The old frequency response curves are from an early stage version. Not valid anymore!
I'll come up with latest measurements after my vacation!
BR heinz

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #72 of 165
Finally - the year 2019 is going to an end!
I want to wish everybody here a pleasant and successful and healthiness new year 2020!

As I found some time this holidays at home and following requests from you, I measured the frequency responses of a MYSPHERE 3.2 using the following front cushions:
"N-cushion" = the standard type
"T-cushion" = the more transparent type
"B-cushion" = the prototype of the Bass enhancing type of cushion
I did this on my private simple ARTA measurement tool with a simplified artificial head suing ear compensation - just for comparison reason.

ALL the BEST!
Yours heinz
MYSPHERE cushion versions.JPG

Dec 31, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #73 of 165
Looks interesting...
Any planned release date for the final version of the B-cushions ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back