My youtube channel for movie fans
Oct 21, 2020 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

ColtMrFire

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi all. I started a youtube channel a few months ago, and have been breaking down some of my favorite films. If you're interested in learning more about what makes a movie tick, check it out. There is a new video every Wednesday @ 12 noon Central time.

My latest video is about the new Star Wars and the disappointing handling of Finn.

Oct 22, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 39
Hi all. I started a youtube channel a few months ago, and have been breaking down some of my favorite films. If you're interested in learning more about what makes a movie tick, check it out. There is a new video every Wednesday @ 12 noon Central time.

My latest video is about the new Star Wars and the disappointing handling of Finn.

That was GREAT!

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 39
Just a heads up about my Cine-Mechanic channel. From now until the week of November 22nd, videos will be released Thursdays at noon Central instead of Wednesdays. I will be on set for a film shoot, and can't deal with posting stuff until my days off, which is Thursday. The Wednesday schedule will resume the week of the 22nd. Thanks.

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 39
In my latest, I revisit Terminator 2 and talk about how it redefined the action genre. Not only in terms of scale, mayhem, stunts and visual FX, but story and character. It raised the stakes for every action flick that followed, and to this day it remains THE gold standard on how to craft an exciting, thrilling, suspenseful, and emotionally satisfying cinematic experience. How James Cameron wasn't at least nominated for an academy award for directing this movie remains a mystery to me. If Silence Of The Lambs, a horror movie, can win best picture, Terminator 2 deserved to at least be seated at the same table. I got the same chills from seeing Sara, John and the Terminator escape the mental institution from the T-1000, as I did seeing Hannibal Lecter's escape from the Tennessee courthouse. It just shows how little respect the action genre gets.

Anyway, new videos every Thursday at 12 noon Central, until the week of the 22nd. Then it's back to Wednesdays.

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #9 of 39
It's been a while since I posted a Better Than You Remember video. This time it's one of my favorite supernatural thrillers from the 90s, Flatliners. Bacon, Sutherland, Baldwin, Roberts, Platt... yeah, 90s thrillers often had insane casts like this. It's also one of Joel Schumacher's better films.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #11 of 39
New vid up! Total Recall was the first R-rated movie I saw in a theater as a kid. And I snuck out of my church group's showing of Ghost to do so (RIP Patrick Swayze). A transgressive act for a transgressive movie... and it happens to be the subject of my latest. Please subscribe if you enjoy my content!

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #12 of 39
A friend suggested I start putting music in my videos, so here is my first attempt... with a film that awed but frustrated me at the same time. Tenet is not only Nolan's most complex film, it's his least accessible. And it's indicative of the state of the movie business right now... all that and more in my latest film essay. Please subscribe and share if you enjoy my content. Thanks.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #13 of 39
Top Youtuber Chris Stuckmann and I ponder the fate of movie theaters after Warner Bros' bombshell announcement, in this inaugural episode of my new Under The Hood series... which will feature conversations with filmmakers, actors, and movie aficionados. Excited to debut this.

Dec 11, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #15 of 39
Filmmakers like Denis Villeneuve and Christopher Nolan have recently blasted Warner Bros. for sacrificing the future of theaters for their own selfish aims. In my latest Under The Hood episode, Britney Salyer and I discuss why the theatrical experience is so vital to the art form of cinema, and why Alamo Drafthouse is its greatest champion. (apologies for the feedback in some of the audio in the first 41 minutes, it is fixed after that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back