My VSONIC Collection Has Begun...R04Pro, GR06, GR07...I Am A Fan!!!!! Comparisons Post #62!!!
Dec 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #91 of 160

Quote:

Sounds like the GR07. Any more initial impressions? 

The amount of bass is near bass heavy levels, but doesn't offend at anyway. The bass depth is excellent and so is the texture. The bass texture outruns my Atrio X by a hair. The midrange is definitely more pronounced on the GR06 than my Atrio X. The treble is also extended. Definitely more extended than the Atrio X, thus making it sound brighter and the treble is certainly not dull, but instead has some sparkle to it. Surprising, the GR06 treble nears the treble extension and sparkle to my own DTX 910, but that's as far as it goes for unamped. With an amp that's when everything becomes enhanced.

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #92 of 160
Argh, you are making me regret the atrio x i just purchased on a whim due to sale at atrio.me. And even with that sale, the gr06 would only be a difference of a couple bucks. From the feedback i read so far, this is clearly budget king of year ! Can you compare the isolation level between the two ? I kno the gr06 is vented and all, but how bad or good is the isolation ?

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #93 of 160
I have now received my GR06's. Letting them warm up a little bit first before I have a listen on my lunch break! Similarly to some other members, I do not have a chin fastener :frowning2: :frowning2: 

EDIT: What a fantastic set of accessories to start! I will list my gripes first, the wire is not to my liking but that is just personal opinion... As mentioned above my chin strap is also non existent.

But that is it! The rest is all positive! Unfortunately the only thing I can AB them with was a pair of Senn IE7's. In comparison, to me, they sound better. My immediate thoughts were that they sound more open (wider sound stage),  the bass is tighter and punchier and most certainly less boomy which was the one thing I didn't like about the IE7's. To me they are incredibly similar to the IE7's regarding SQ. The fact that the 'Sennheiser veil' is no longer there, is also a huge plus. 

All in all, from my initial impressions they are a great purchase, especially for £32 (£37.50 with next day shipping). So I am very happy. If the GR06's sound anything like the GR07's I will definitely purchasing a pair of those at some point in the near future. Will update with more impressions soon!

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #94 of 160

Quote:
Argh, you are making me regret the atrio x i just purchased on a whim due to sale at atrio.me. And even with that sale, the gr06 would only be a difference of a couple bucks. From the feedback i read so far, this is clearly budget king of year ! Can you compare the isolation level between the two ? I kno the gr06 is vented and all, but how bad or good is the isolation ?

The isolation of the GR06 will vary a bit, but still not as good as the Future Sonics Atrio X. If you like sub bass and heavy bass with natural sound, go for the Atrio X. If you like textured bass, clear mids and extended treble with excellent clarity and detail, then go for the GR06. I like them both equally.

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #95 of 160
thanks for the reply niyo, i would prefer the atrio sound sig over the gr06 personally, but would probably get the gr06 sooner or later just for curiousity sake, judging from your impression, they sound like what a lot of ppl have been saying about the gr07. sigh, i promised myself to limite my iem collection and sold some and gave away others, yet here i am again amassing until i have one for each day of the week.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #96 of 160
Just received my GR06. I haven't listened to them yet but the packaging sure is nice for a $50 product!

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #97 of 160
I've just purchased the GR06 and,sorry,but it's quite bright and harsh,plenty sibiliance,can't take it.i can't enjoy the mids and lows with highs like that.but i like the accesories haha.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #98 of 160
Just picked up GR07 a few weeks back and must say that these earphones are one of the best earphones I have heard. I also have RE0 and Panasonic RP-HJE900 along with a few Shure earphones and these blow them out of the water. Out of the box they did not sound good at all but with every hour of use they sounded much better. I think they are one of the better balanced earphones that I have heard in this price range.

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #100 of 160
I'm considering getting either the GR06 or GR07. Does anyone who owns them know if they're comfortable to sleep with?
I've previously owned the MG7 Atrios and the Xears TD-IIIs, I liked the bass of the Atrios but prefer the more interesting mid/treble of the Xears, can anyone compare them?

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #101 of 160

I'm considering getting either the GR06 or GR07. Does anyone who owns them know if they're comfortable to sleep with?
I've previously owned the MG7 Atrios and the Xears TD-IIIs, I liked the bass of the Atrios but prefer the more interesting mid/treble of the Xears, can anyone compare them?

They're just about the same shape, so they'd be equally comfortable. I wouldn't sleep with them though. I think I loosened up one of the drivers, and I had to send them for repairs...although I might be a violent sleeper

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #102 of 160

Quote:

They're just about the same shape, so they'd be equally comfortable. I wouldn't sleep with them though. I think I loosened up one of the drivers, and I had to send them for repairs...although I might be a violent sleeper

Geez... When I fall asleep with my IEMs on, I'm very careful with where to let the cables, and I'm always aware that I'm in a dangerous zone... sleep is never relaxing, but the sound is pretty awesome... But sometimes I prefer to listen to some Doc... Specialy when I'm alone at my bed... :)

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #103 of 160

Quote:
Geez... When I fall asleep with my IEMs on, I'm very careful with where to let the cables, and I'm always aware that I'm in a dangerous zone... sleep is never relaxing, but the sound is pretty awesome... But sometimes I prefer to listen to some Doc... Specialy when I'm alone at my bed... :)

For the first hour or so, it's fine but I can never account for the remaining 7 hours...I'm a pretty dead sleeper. My girlfriend tells me that she has conversations with me, but I can never remember them 
redface.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #104 of 160

Quote:
For the first hour or so, it's fine but I can never account for the remaining 7 hours...I'm a pretty dead sleeper. My girlfriend tells me that she has conversations with me, but I can never remember them 
redface.gif

Dude, take care, she will discover your deepest secrets in that way! Specially that you're planing to spend a lot of money in a new headphone and not buying her a birthday present! lol

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #105 of 160

Quote:
redface.gif

Haha I sure hope you don't have any deep secrets you're hiding from her! I remember when I asked a suite-mate of mine for his password while he was asleep and he gave it to me no questions asked. Of course, he didn't remember it in the morning.   And yes, the password was good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back