My vsd1 broke. Need upgrade advice. URGENT!!
Jul 8, 2014 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Xtron2112

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. Last month I bought a pair of vsd1s. I loved the way they sounded, but last night the housing on the right piece simply fell apart. The wire was ripped away too. I need something tougher (and preferably with a better shirt clip to reduce impacts). I have decided on replacing them with something a step up. I am looking at the RHA MHA-750 and Dunu DN1000. Possibly also looking at T-Peos. Any advice or suggestion of other models is needed. Please look at my previous posts for my music preferences.

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 8
The RE-400 seem to suit your needs, excellent mids for rock. The MHA-750 has more bass than the HiFiMan, it's up to you. Both seem to be built like tanks, sturdy metal housings, tough Y spliters and jack. The EPH-100 can be a good option too, in the middle of the other too. Just beware of the large nozzle (micro drivers), if you have small ear canals they might not fit

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 8
I would say the MA750 has slightly more bass than the VSD1, similar mids and less extended highs. The MA750 is a better EDM earphone, so to say.

they do seem to be very similar earphones, so if you liked the Vsonic I reckon you will like the RHA too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back