My UE 11 Questions
Oct 25, 2008 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Midnighttown

Head-Fier
I just recieve my UE 11 Pros and my right ear hurts a little when i wear it.. btw this is my first IEM

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnighttown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.. btw this is my first IEM

I'm jealous with you
frown.gif
Your first IEM is the UE11
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 12
I dunno. My UE-10's were so comfortable out of the box, I forgot that I had them on. There are many threads about members not getting the right fit the first or second time (do a search) and they had to send them back for re-tooling.
If the discomfort continues, call them up and send them back for an adjustment.

It seems that since Mike Dias left and LogicTec bought out Ultimate Ears, they have been having a lot of quality control issues.

If they hurt, they are probably too big, and you may need to take a new impression and send it back along with the phones.

Some members have complained that it took 3 times to get it right.

It shouldn't hurt. They are supposed to be an exact replica of your specific ear canal.

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #8 of 12
I only leapt to the UE11 after several years of IEM use. I knew I was comfortable with things in my ears. Even then, though, it still took several days to a week before my ears really adjusted to them.

If after a week or two you still find them uncomfortable, UE will absolutely stick with you until you're happy with them.

Funny story: I sent mine back many more times than 3. Let's see... I bought them last February and I think when I got them back last Tuesday they are finally satisfying me with the fit. These IEMs are pure bliss with a good fit and the right equipment to back them up.

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

I just recieve my UE 11 Pros and my right ear hurts a little when i wear it.. btw this is my first IEM

When I received mine my left ear developed an uncomfortable feeling after a bit of time, actually developing into a slight ache after about 3 days. I let UE know and they said I could send them back for a refit. However, on the 4th day something happened and the discomfort and slight pain went away. I don't mean it became tolerable, I mean it went totally away. Don't know why or how. Maybe my ears adjusted. Don't care. I'm very very happy now.

Oct 26, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #10 of 12
well after some time my custom fit is getting better and better the sound is different when im using my brothers Ipod Classic the music doesnt sound that good even at high volumes but when i use my Imac the sound is different the bass is very overwhelming and my volume is lower than half... i would like to get an amp for this iems any recommendations? and what could i do about that ipod? thanks

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #11 of 12
Being an allergy sufferer, I find my UE10-pros will fit better or worse depending on how my nose is doing. I am sure that sometimes there is swelling/inflammation around my ears that make the fit less comfortable.

Be sure your ears are "normal" for you before sending in for refit.

I would also assume that among the different people, some prefer a tighter fitting custom IEM, that would be uncomfortable for other people.

I do agree that the fit should be comfortable to you, there is not a break-in period from my standpoint. Just be sure you are not having a cold or other issue that might make yours not fit well today. Also be sure to irrigate out any ear wax that might have collected since your molds were made. The audiologist would have assured that they were clean when making your molds.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

well after some time my custom fit is getting better and better the sound is different when im using my brothers Ipod Classic the music doesnt sound that good even at high volumes but when i use my Imac the sound is different the bass is very overwhelming and my volume is lower than half... i would like to get an amp for this iems any recommendations? and what could i do about that ipod? thanks

There are a lot of amp recommendations for the UE-11's. I've personally not heard the RSA Predator but it seems to have a very strong following on these boards. I like the Pico and RSA 71-A.

Look into it and let us know what you find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back