My Smokin' New Cocobolo Denon D2000
Dec 2, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice indeed, hope you enjoy them for many moons. Are you going to be doing any of the mods posted by MarkL?

As of right now, I don't think so. With the awesome Apuresound recable and the cocobolo cups, I'm quite pleased with the sound.

I've done the earpad mods, but not sure I will take it any further. Who knows though, at some point in the future I may give it a shot. It's just that right now, I don't really feel that I'm missing anything. That's just me though. I would say that I'm definitely more of a musicphile than audiophile, and most of my listening is somewhat non-critical (most!).

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of right now, I don't think so. With the awesome Apuresound recable and the cocobolo cups, I'm quite pleased with the sound.

I've done the earpad mods, but not sure I will take it any further. Who knows though, at some point in the future I may give it a shot. It's just that right now, I don't really feel that I'm missing anything. That's just me though. I would say that I'm definitely more of a musicphile than audiophile, and most of my listening is somewhat non-critical (most!).

That's pretty much the end-state of my D2000 - APS V2 cable and markl Mahogany Woodies and stuffed ear-pads but no markl internal mods other than dynamat on the inside of the wood cups. I love the sound, but might need to stuff the pads a tiny bit more.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's pretty much the end-state of my D2000 - APS V2 cable and markl Mahogany Woodies and stuffed ear-pads but no markl internal mods other than dynamat on the inside of the wood cups. I love the sound, but might need to stuff the pads a tiny bit more.

Your mahogany cups are beautiful too. They look slightly burled as well.

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #23 of 23
Dang, these do look awesome.

my dad is fixing a lathe he inherited that is HUGE... I'm pretty sure I can talk him into some experimenting... being as I can't afford a couple hundred bucks at the moment that's exactly what I plan to do.

Do you think the curvature on the inside of the cups effects the tone of the speaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back