My SL-SX500 is dead, I need a new player
Oct 3, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by docmetal
Onix,

No this is a different one. I posted this message first then a day or so later I noticed the one on ebay. I picked up a a used SL-SX500 last week and find it to be quite a decent model for sound and line-out and the headphone out is ok to compared to many new models. I just thought you might want to replace it. I am new to collecting high-end and vintage pcdps so I was not so sure how difficult this model is to find. Thought I would let you know in case you are interested. No problem if you are not.
biggrin.gif

Hey Doc, thanks. I'll try to look for the 3904, wich I think I can still get new around here. But if I can't score it I'll let you know, if you're still willing to depart from the sl-sx500. Advance Dog, by the way, is looking for one. Maybe you guys can hook it up. Keep it loud Doc, and thanks.
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #32 of 35
Onix...it never occurred to me to ask you what headphones did you mate the Pana SL-SX500 with?

i have the Grado R-60s from what i read they are considered warm-sounding...

that i don't know as it's the only decent-sounding pair i've had

thanks for the ayuda

Dog-Randy

Oct 7, 2002 at 4:12 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Advance Dog
Onix...it never occurred to me to ask you what headphones did you mate the Pana SL-SX500 with?

i have the Grado R-60s from what i read they are considered warm-sounding...

that i don't know as it's the only decent-sounding pair i've had

thanks for the ayuda

Dog-Randy

Hey Randy, I have both the SR-60 and the Alessandro MS-1. I also used the Koss KCS-35 and some Radioshack vertical phones, the NOVA-16's I think, that are really good. I also found some Radioshack buds, cat. numer 33-1106, to be very good. The SR-60 is a very good choice for allmost every player, and some people even prefer iit instead of the most expensive cans. Now I use the Alessandro's and the 33-1106 and I am happy with it. When I get a new player I will audtion it with the Alessandro's just to make sure it's okay.

As for warm sound, some people like it, some don't, it's just a matter of personal taste. But anyway, the RS-60's are also very detailed, kinda between analitical and warm. So there you go, you have a very nice source. Enjoy and take care compadre.

Carlos

Oct 8, 2002 at 2:45 PM Post #34 of 35
Carlos/Onix...Alessandros, huh? this must a model not offered in the US- sure not heard of or seen it on any shopping jaunts

i am happy with the SR-60s, though i would like to get a CHA7 Altoids amp from JMT and open the sound up, buuuuut...

1st things 1st-- i'll score the nice-sounding PCDP...i have decided to take a laid-back approach in getting the PCDP i want and i will prob'ly be much more sastisified...impulse buying just never works for me + i don't have the time

i almost snagged a Pana SL-SX 500 on eBay, but the battery cover was missing and i was wondering if could get the cover replacement, so, i wasn't going to bid high for used, battery cover-less PCDP

thanks for all the help again, C

R the A-dog

Oct 8, 2002 at 5:58 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Advance Dog
Carlos/Onix...Alessandros, huh? this must a model not offered in the US- sure not heard of or seen it on any shopping jaunts..
i almost snagged a Pana SL-SX 500 on eBay, but the battery cover was missing...R the A-dog

Hey Randy, the Alessandro's are for sale in the U.S. They are sort ot tweaked Grado's. Mine are a mix between the SR-80 and SR-125. Look for info about them here, most people like them. As for the battery cover, if you get the player I think I can mail you mine. It's missing one of the locks, but I guess it's better than nothing. BTW, I have a list of players available in Mexico and the investigation necesary to get the best one available is taking a lot of time. I wish I was in the U.S. again. Anyway, take care Randy and good luck.

Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back