My Short Denon AH-D2000 Review (Compared to HD650s)
May 5, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #62 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by moomooemu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I;m pretty sure you can't recable after the markl mod. You have to recable before!

At least thats what people told me I thought?

What kind of nonsense is this? Have you actually read the instructions for the markl mod? No part of it prevents you from doing a recable.

May 5, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #63 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be mistaken, thought I saw you selling a Denon
wink.gif

Yep -- the D2000, since I have the D5000, and don't need both.

May 5, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #64 of 88
Here's the deal... with the D2000s vs D5000s.

If you want to do both the recable and and the "Markl Mods" then get the D2000s - total investment about $500-$600 (if your have others do them), and about $400-$500 (if you do them). The D2000s will likely sound about as good as the D5000s.

If you don't want to do the cable mod, and just the "Markl Mods" then get the D5000s - total investment about $400-$500 (only $300 to $400 if you do them yourself). The D5000s don't need the cable mod - they sound fine with the stock cable.

So... it just depends do you want to spend less for the D5000s, or do you want to spend more for the D2000s, which sound no better?

Seems like a "no brainer" to me.

May 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #65 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have read that people who recable (apuresound and the like) wont do so if the phone has been modded. best to check with them.

I just wanted to say here at APureSound we do recable already modded or recabled headphones no questions asked. Simply just let us know they have been modded so that there are no surprises when we get them in.

Thanks,
Alex

May 3, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #66 of 88
hey everyone i'm new to the forumns. I'm looking at getting the d2000s. as a power source all i have is a home built 18v cmoy amp. I will probably upgrade that in a year or so, but will these sound alright until then? Would it be worth it to buy the d1000s and a nicer amp instead?

May 3, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #67 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by strike7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey everyone i'm new to the forumns. I'm looking at getting the d2000s. as a power source all i have is a home built 18v cmoy amp. I will probably upgrade that in a year or so, but will these sound alright until then? Would it be worth it to buy the d1000s and a nicer amp instead?

That should be fine until you can get a nicer amp later. I would never take the D1000 over a D2000.

May 3, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #68 of 88
Gradofan2 you could buy an used D2000 for about $220 w/ S&H. Have it sent to HiFLYiN9 for a re-cable with his silver plated copper cable (Xev). This will cost you about $135 thus a total spent so far of $355 which is less that an used D5000.

For the next step you send it to MarkL for his mods and depending on your wallet a set of V4 wood cups.
wink.gif

May 4, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #70 of 88
To each his own! I also had the wow effect when I first got my D2000. I will say they are very comfortable and have a nice build quality to them that is more impressive than the Sennheisers. As for sound, when I put them againts my HD580 the D2000 fell flat on its face. I realized how distorted their sound was. The mids and highs overlapped too much and the bass seemed too flabby. They just sounded too unrealistic to me. I now own a HD650 too which I love as well. I found what I like with the HD580/650 and I will be here for quite some time.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
May 4, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #71 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdogzthmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To each his own! I also had the wow effect when I first got my D2000. I will say they are very comfortable and have a nice build quality to them that is more impressive than the Sennheisers. As for sound, when I put them againts my HD580 the D2000 fell flat on its face. I realized how distorted their sound was. The mids and highs overlapped too much and the bass seemed too flabby. They just sounded too unrealistic to me. I now own a HD650 too which I love as well. I found what I like with the HD580/650 and I will be here for quite some time.

Couldn't have have said it better myself. Except the part with the build quality, I actually prefer the HD650s build quality, no loose hinge screws to deal with.

May 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #72 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdogzthmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's funny how each of us hears different things. I tried the HD650 before and it was too boring, slow and muddy for me. Nice for jazz I suppose but I'll stick with my modded D2000 for the faster music genres.
tongue.gif

I think I much prefer the HD600 to the HD650.

May 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #73 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny how each of us hears different things. I tried the HD650 before and it was too boring, slow and muddy for me. Nice for jazz I suppose but I'll stick with my modded D2000 for the faster music genres.
tongue.gif

I think I much prefer the HD600 to the HD650.

Ditto.

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #75 of 88
Ugh mate check last post dates
tongue.gif

From my ipod listening to Dying Sun by Before the Dawn, I noticed that bass is quite subdued. Highs are a bit rolled off. Eh, it sounds pretty bad to me and even more unbalanced than it does from my CKKIII and v-dac. Let's just say it's a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back