My Short Denon AH-D2000 Review (Compared to HD650s)
Apr 1, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #46 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's interesting for me to read threads like this one. I picked up my D2000's used and already recabled with APureSound V2 cable, so I don't hear any of the issues that people raise with their D2000's.

These headphones pair very nicely with my Woo Audio 6, and sound great with all the different types of music that I listen to, and I listen to many different genres. They are excellent for rock, jazz, classical, blues, bluegrass, electronica, just about anything I throw at them really.

Now, I consider myself more of a musicphile than an audiophile, so take my comments for what you will. But I do have a trained ear (jazz studies), and there are times when I listen to frequency response from an analytical perspective, and I find absolutely no significant deficiencies with "my" headphones.

We must be twins.

I picked up my D2000's used and already recabled with APureSound V2 cable

I don't hear any of the issues that people raise with their D2000's.

These headphones pair very nicely with my Woo Audio 6

Sound great with all the different types of music that I listen to, and I listen to many different genres. They are excellent for rock, jazz, classical, blues, bluegrass, electronica, just about anything I throw at them really

Scary...

Apr 2, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #47 of 88
my problems must be part of my source,

just a headphone out from my laptop
frown.gif

May 2, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #48 of 88
Wow I am glad this thread has been revived!
I am looking for a simple office setup and got the D2000 as the cans but was wondering if they need an amp (have not got the shipment yet)?
Anyone have an idea/tried these with a Darkvoice 336i, or a Figaro. I am also open to suggestions in the less than $300 range.

May 2, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #53 of 88
I think if I were to go that route I would upgrade my source or amp more first. I will do the mark mod myself and then move from there. Thanks for the help.

May 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #54 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think if I were to go that route I would upgrade my source or amp more first. I will do the mark mod myself and then move from there. Thanks for the help.

ive been wondering what the mark mod is? if you can do it yourself then why dont everybody do it? maybe too hard? please give more information about this

May 4, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #56 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

The pair I heard had flabby bass with mediocre mids and highs. People can really think that differently about the same pair of headphones?
confused.gif

The answer to your question is yes, definitely. it is even more likely that several people will say different things about certain audio...have you talked to somebody about Bose SQ out of audiophiles centers???

Last time i did i ended up looking bad to the group, and im not one of those who say Bose suck, i just say all their products are way overpriced and competing with much much better equipment.

I am currently expecting my HD650s. I have bad sources and only bought a Headstage Lyrix Pro USB DAC/AMP, which according to Headphonia is going to make the HD650 great, and according to some will make them close to suck. If they end up being that bad (or dont cover my expectations) i'morder the denons A2000 or probably go back to the HD595s...(???)

I havent heard any comparisons between HD595 and A2000, are they really in different leagues? I only see people putting the denons next to the HD650 and 600, if they are that great the most be the best valued cans evah!!
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #57 of 88
To *me*, the HD595 is not even on the same page as the D2000 and HD650.
Further, if I could only keep ONE of these two, it would have to be the D2000.
Just does more stuff right.
But, I will always have a Denon and an HD580/650 around for variety.

May 5, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #58 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To *me*, the HD595 is not even on the same page as the D2000 and HD650.
Further, if I could only keep ONE of these two, it would have to be the D2000.
Just does more stuff right.
But, I will always have a Denon and an HD580/650 around for variety.

I must be mistaken, thought I saw you selling a Denon
wink.gif

May 5, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #60 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok - does anyone know if I do the markl mod can I re cable later?

I;m pretty sure you can't recable after the markl mod. You have to recable before!

At least thats what people told me I thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back