My SE535 real or fake?
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thangcoo

New Head-Fier
I have bought a pair se535ltd red on the internet. When i receive it look loke different than se535ltd image i found on internet. I take some picture of it. Can you tell me it fake or real or anything esle? The image not look really good because in don't have a high quality camera. I hope you can view and give me the answer it real or not. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 6
For what it's worth, I have never heard of a fake SE535. 

The more commonly faked models are the SCl2, SCl4, SE210, SE310.

I vote real just based on the pics, but obviously you're an audiophile if you're on this forum, so shouldn't you be able to tell just by the sound quality?

Where did you get it and for how much? Did it come with any accessories/was it new? 

You have 2 options

1) Send it to Shure for inspection; they have great customer support. They'll probably disassemble the outer casing and check whether the triple drivers are inside

2) Easier: Get a friend's SE535 and do a direct comparison. 

In either case, good luck! Really hope they're real...

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 6
I'm no audiophile and I don't own a pair, but judging by pics from Google, it's hard to tell. The writing and clear plastic looks right (granted, the writing looks not very white, like it was used a LOT). But the cable insert doesn't look gold like pictures online. I can't tell if that's from the camera or if it's actually silver.

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm no audiophile and I don't own a pair, but judging by pics from Google, it's hard to tell. The writing and clear plastic looks right (granted, the writing looks not very white, like it was used a LOT). But the cable insert doesn't look gold like pictures online. I can't tell if that's from the camera or if it's actually silver.

It actually silver. I have 535-CL before and new pair 535-LTD sound good, better than se535-CL more clear, more high, great foward mid, good bass for me. If se535-CL mid sound like liquid chocolate for me then my red 535 sound more clear and wide. Seem like detail and imaging little better than 535-CL. But i didn't see silver connector in 535, housing at connector don't look perfect like 535-CL i had before so i just think it repaired and replace connector. But i didn't see any scratch in housing and the nozzle didn't nice like 535-CL. I don't have 535-CL to direct comparison, i just my memory. It don't sound thin and sharp/ piercing.
I'm not an audiophile i just listen any things i like :). And i don't have experience with inear my knowleadge very poor at inear headphone. So i think it better to ask anyone know more than me. And i didn't see silver connector in se535 so i curious anyone have seen it before.

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I'd be really curious if this turned out to be not genuine... where did you get it again and for how much? That matters... also is the OEM Shure Cable market SE535? It should be. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back