my SCD-CE775 arrived today!
Oct 24, 2002 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Neruda

Banned Moderator
I almost hate to post this, seeing as how my friend redshifter is having problems with his, but it arrived and I'm loving it! Although unfortunately I can't really tell how good it sounds because my amp died and the only headphones in my room are a pair of ungodly Sony MDR-CD280s (I did NOT buy them!!!!), but its's still nice having a real source in the room finally.
biggrin.gif

Next up is a pair of new K501s, a new amp, an integrated amp, and some speakers. give me a few months.
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 11
what have i done to deserve this?
confused.gif
mad.gif
there is no emoticon for what i am feeling right now!

that's ok neruda, i'm glad yours is working. get some new cans right now, man!

Oct 24, 2002 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 11
don't worry, I will! it's top priority.
biggrin.gif
I think I've even got the dough for it.

andrzejpw, unfortunately I don't have any SACDs right now.
frown.gif
MF said that they'd send you a free SACD of your choice if you bought a 775, but I haven't gotten one yet. I'll give them a call and see if one can't get sent to me.

Oct 24, 2002 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 11
i didn't get my free sacd either. i called and she assured me they will send one out.

Oct 24, 2002 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 11
I didn't hear about the free SACD thing. What's the deal with that?

Neruda, let your player burn in for a few days. I didn't really pay attention, but I recall that it sounded a lot better after a few days than it did out of the box. Of course, I was listening through the headphone jack, so it might have been burn-in there.

kerely

Oct 25, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 11
Didn't get the SACD sampler? Although only 4 tracks, they showcase the technology QUITE well
smily_headphones1.gif

Just got my NS500V today actually, and I'm loving it.
Bought the SACD of Yo-Yo Ma plays the music of John Williams - sure sounds good, although it's not my favorite selections.
And of course the stones sound amazing...definently a must have for any SACD player owner
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
i didn't get my free sacd either. i called and she assured me they will send one out.

I didn't get one, either, from MF and I have my 775 for three weeks. Maybe I was a little too quick to sing their customer service praises in another post. . . .

Oct 25, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #9 of 11
i'm supposed to get santana "abraxas". i already have the stones "let it bleed" and "past darkly" on sacd. if they don't send that santana sacd i'll raise hell. i'm a dream customer until you piss me off, then i'm a nightmare.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 4:56 PM Post #11 of 11
hehe, I hooked my muntimedia system up to my sony's headphone out yesterday night. I've never heard those speakers sound so good!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back