My rig(modem burner!)
Jul 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
I am new to the forum and have looked to see if there is a thread on this subject, can't find one but if there is mod's please feel free to move this there!
So Here it is.
Sony NWZA826KB
Etymotic ER6i(black)
Headphonia portable headphone amp
Kimber Tonic interconnect
sonysetup001.jpg

sonysetup003.jpg

sonysetup006.jpg

Hope you like it!
The sound is very clear, and rich, Treble is crisp and clean as is the bass, and vocals, oh boy the vocals!

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 6
Does the amp in that setup provide enough sonic improvement to justify ruining the slim form factor of that player?
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Here's the rig pics thread you were looking for (that you didn't know existed):

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/pi...art-xi-318269/

It's pretty monstrous.

Clean looking rig, although, it does look a bit cumbersome for a slim player...but I'm not really one to talk, lol.

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the amp in that setup provide enough sonic improvement to justify ruining the slim form factor of that player?
tongue.gif

To be honest I am finding it does'nt make that much difference! And that is testament to the quality of the sony. I found this amp made a considerable improvement on my last sony ATRAC and cd portables but I don't think I will be using it much with this one, thought I would show it though! The guy who made it lives in Germany and now makes them with extruded aluminium cases but from what I can see the insides are very similar.
One thing, I thought the Kimber interconnect would make a big diefferenc over what he supplied as I use kimber in my home set up and swear by it! This did not though!
The player on it's own is very capable and if your thing is jazz, classical or acoustic I could not recommend this player more highly, paired with the ER6i's it's a dream!

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the rig pics thread you were looking for (that you didn't know existed):

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/pi...art-xi-318269/

It's pretty monstrous.

Clean looking rig, although, it does look a bit cumbersome for a slim player...but I'm not really one to talk, lol.

That's great thank you, I don't know why I could not find it when I searched!
Note to Mod's please move this thread to the existing location if you would!
I will search for your pictures on the thread you gave!

Jul 13, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 6
The Sony does work very nicely with Etymotic earphones. I have recently picked up an NWZ-A728 (I have no need for Bluetooth) and the sound quality totally curbstomps that of the 3g Nano I had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back