My Review of the Audio Technica ATH-ANC23
Sep 22, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #16 of 17
You get the "bump an old thread" award for the day ha, ha.  I've actually been using the ATH-ANC23s on flights lately.  Paid like $26 for it.  They work pretty well and sound good.  I've not tried the RE400 but I used to have the Titan 1 which I believe is the same as EX1.  You''re talking 2 different signatures with those.  I sold the Titan 1 due to hot treble (at least to my ear).  The ANC23 is more bass heavy and has a more polite treble.  With ANC off on the 23, they isolate about the same which isn't much.  If ANC is important, obviously the 23 is the one to get.  For sound quality, the EX1 would be more open, balanced and detailed if you can handle the treble.
well thanks for the award . so that means fiio ex1 wins for sound and anc23 for isolation?

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #17 of 17
well thanks for the award . so that means fiio ex1 wins for sound and anc23 for isolation?

Yeah, that's my take (with aforementioned qualifications).  For isolation, the ANC has to be turned on though with the 23.  Otherwise, it is almost non-existent.  It does sound very good for the price IMO.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back