My Porta Pro broke, replacement at about 100$?
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DanielW

New Head-Fier
Hi,

my beloved Koss Porta Pro (my second pair of those) broke :frowning2:

At the moment I am forced to use my cheap headset (Philips SHM3300 which I got for 6 EURs a few years ago for skypeing) to hear music. And well it isn't fun at all, it sounds horrible. (And weird: You can even find good user reviews of those on some german websites)

I used Koss Porta Pro the last years. Never used more expensive headphones and was quite happy with them. ( using an iPod 5.5G, my laptop (onboard sound) and sometimes a standalone CD-Player as source). I like their somewhat bass heavy "fun" sound. I also heave a pair of Sennheiser PX200 (also half broken), but I never really liked their sound.

They are pretty cheap these days, arround 25 EUR ~ 31 $ in Germany. So I first thought about just getting a new one. But well after more than 8 years with Porta Pros I think it should move on and try something different. Hopefully something "better" and propably a little more expensive. I am willing to spend about 100$.

What would you recommend knowing that I am coming from a Porta Pro and liked their sound. I think I will not like a very "neutral sounding" headphone.

Oh and what music I am hearing? Mostly Indie Pop and Rock, but also Punk/Post Hardcore. (Some examples include: Elliott Smith, The Shins, Dresden Dolls, Belle And Sebastian, Refused, Hot Water Music, Sophia, Weakerthans, Two Gallants, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Pixies)

Thanks

DanielW, who first read in this forum a few years ago and now finaly created an account

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reticuli2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss has a lifetime unconditional warranty.

I'm not sure if it applies over where he lives, but in the US we pay 6 bucks plus shipping to have them repaired by the warrantry.

X2 on MS1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back