My old Solo HDs are lying around... what should I do with them?
Nov 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gogotheyogrtman

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

So my old red Solo HDs are just sitting in my closet collecting dust.  I'm thinking about a few options:

1). Selling to some gullible idiot on eBay

2). Modding them so they look sick

3). Treating them how they should be treated: fixing them up with a sledgehammer.

Any other suggestions?  Any recommendations?  I can't decide!!!

beyersmile.png
, Max

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 9
Not exactly sure why you'd call someone a gullible idiot for buying a piece of that equipment you own.

Lighten up, everyone here already knows that they aren't a good value to performance ratio. If you don't want them just sell them or give them to someone who does, simple as that. No need to make multiple threads pretentiously bashing a product. 

Everyone here is guilty of owning over-priced and over-marketed products. Take a look at the clothes you wear, the shoes you wear, and the items around your house. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 9
Hello all,

So my old red Solo HDs are just sitting in my closet collecting dust.  I'm thinking about a few options:

1). Selling to some gullible idiot on eBay

2). Modding them so they look sick

3). Treating them how they should be treated: fixing them up with a sledgehammer.

Any other suggestions?  Any recommendations?  I can't decide!!!

:beyersmile: , Max

Sell it or donate it. Sell for $80 to your friend!

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 9
Give it a rest. are they the best? no but let me tell you they can be damn fun. They sound pretty bad from a technical stand point, but this little red headphone has a mic. iPod/iPhone functions and appeals to the younger generation. They are a fashion accessory and there is nothing wrong with that. Coats are meant to keep us warm but if one was butt ugly and one was sexier and looked awesome for less isolation from the elements would you want to wear a coat that looks like a sleeping bag?

Also you seem to bash beats as a whole, The Pro are pretty good, not the best for the price ofc but still decent. I rank them above the M50 and M100 which people seems to love.

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 9
Fine I'll stop trashing beats so much.  It just bugs me that people are so stubborn that they don't even listen to other people about how big of a waste of money beats are vs the ath-m50s.  It's a much better value for a much better piece of machinery.  Just sayin...

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 9
Yeah, but then a lot of people will tell you that much better value can be had for the same price as the ath-m50's. so it goes both ways.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #7 of 9
Try playing around with the crossovers in the Solo HD. Who knows, you might be able to cut down on the bass and make it sound kinda good.

w7XcEj6.jpg

Another idea: buy some red 3M carbon fibre Di-Noc and then make them into a fingerprint resistant carbon fibre edition Solo HD. I've done that with my Studios, but in black. I'd say they look like they've been infected with a sickness.

ngcV05R.jpg

OR, do a teardown and share a picture of it with us before destroying it with a sledgehammer.

bf45f706_BRO7t4rCUAAg_3k.jpeg

Mar 7, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #9 of 9
So @gogotheyogrtman, what did you end up doing?

Well, I don't know about you, but I've infected mine with a sickness. (not COVID)

52FC5A66-A924-4B87-960A-825C2B655D68.jpeg

The black and red combo complements my Audio Technica nicely.

9A5043C3-D5C9-43F2-8BF6-9700C2D2A8E9.jpeg

The whole squad is here

9F72958F-8C06-4347-BB13-B2DBE6777154.jpeg

Edit: hmm this thread is under "Headphones (full-size)" category. Must've taken a wrong turn during the XenForo transition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back