My Noble story
May 29, 2017 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Watagump

Twizzler King
I have decided to make this post to hopefully put an end to the way some people treat me around here. I have been called a fanboy numerous times, even a shill or a creep for liking Noble as a company and the products they make. Years ago I found head-fi and became a reader then a member, due to other peoples talking about Noble, I got a glimpse of what was to becoming a pretty cool relationship with the 2 guys running the show.

I first was drawn in by the design, I had never seen anything like what those guys were and are still doing. Little pieces of art that produced what appeared to be great sound. I started posting in the thread, despite never hearing anything from them. Trust me, I have also been knocked for doing that also. Noble never asked me to do it, I am not paid or ever been paid by Noble to do so, I did it because the guys seen really great and it was a chance to help them and other people.

Fast forward a bit then I finally went to my first show and tested them out. I sampled 3 in the line, each being better as I went up the scale. I wasn't going to listen to the K10 because I wanted to be surprised when I got them. Well here is something I have never spoken about here and I was asked not to. But now I just don't care, because I think it shows that people did appreciate what I did around here.

I was contacted by a random member and asked if i would be interested in a free pair of K10's. Needless to say I was a little suspicious about it. This member contacted Noble and worked something out, to this date I do not know the details, but he put in his own money to buy me a set. Someone doing something like that for me, I was pretty floored by the generosity. It made me a bigger fan that this was done by both the parties involved.

So that was the main reason to go to the first show, I wanted to meet Brannan in person, show my gratitude and mostly just hang out. This show was a natural to me, I actually sold a couple of sets just by talking with people on the fence between Noble and JH Audio. Once again, it was all about helping other people, the one thing that made me want to come here, help people decide and help Noble gain customers.

I have had countless PM's from people asking for help deciding, I am sure plenty of reviewers also get them asking for help, so I don't think I am any better than they are. I just happen to know about Noble's products more than any other in the industry. Every show I have volunteered to do with Noble was pure fun for me, there isn't ever a I do this for you, you give me gear deal with them, or have I ever been paid. I even spent my own money for parking, gas, food and even bottled water to give people and for us to drink while doing the shows.

So there you have some background, I hope people can show me some respect around here, because lately, it seems to be getting worse. I would be more than happy to help people about other brands, I just don't have the time testing any of them to be of any help. I don't do well with universals, so when I test something at a show, its hard to do without spending more time doing so, which I don't have because I was helping Noble. So if me doing what I have been doing, still means I am some loser fanboy in peoples minds, so be it. If any of you owned a business and I did for you what I have done for Noble, then oh yeah, I would be okay in your book.

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 4
I have decided to make this post to hopefully put an end to the way some people treat me around here. I have been called a fanboy numerous times, even a shill or a creep for liking Noble as a company and the products they make. Years ago I found head-fi and became a reader then a member, due to other peoples talking about Noble, I got a glimpse of what was to becoming a pretty cool relationship with the 2 guys running the show.

I first was drawn in by the design, I had never seen anything like what those guys were and are still doing. Little pieces of art that produced what appeared to be great sound. I started posting in the thread, despite never hearing anything from them. Trust me, I have also been knocked for doing that also. Noble never asked me to do it, I am not paid or ever been paid by Noble to do so, I did it because the guys seen really great and it was a chance to help them and other people.

Fast forward a bit then I finally went to my first show and tested them out. I sampled 3 in the line, each being better as I went up the scale. I wasn't going to listen to the K10 because I wanted to be surprised when I got them. Well here is something I have never spoken about here and I was asked not to. But now I just don't care, because I think it shows that people did appreciate what I did around here.

I was contacted by a random member and asked if i would be interested in a free pair of K10's. Needless to say I was a little suspicious about it. This member contacted Noble and worked something out, to this date I do not know the details, but he put in his own money to buy me a set. Someone doing something like that for me, I was pretty floored by the generosity. It made me a bigger fan that this was done by both the parties involved.

So that was the main reason to go to the first show, I wanted to meet Brannan in person, show my gratitude and mostly just hang out. This show was a natural to me, I actually sold a couple of sets just by talking with people on the fence between Noble and JH Audio. Once again, it was all about helping other people, the one thing that made me want to come here, help people decide and help Noble gain customers.

I have had countless PM's from people asking for help deciding, I am sure plenty of reviewers also get them asking for help, so I don't think I am any better than they are. I just happen to know about Noble's products more than any other in the industry. Every show I have volunteered to do with Noble was pure fun for me, there isn't ever a I do this for you, you give me gear deal with them, or have I ever been paid. I even spent my own money for parking, gas, food and even bottled water to give people and for us to drink while doing the shows.

So there you have some background, I hope people can show me some respect around here, because lately, it seems to be getting worse. I would be more than happy to help people about other brands, I just don't have the time testing any of them to be of any help. I don't do well with universals, so when I test something at a show, its hard to do without spending more time doing so, which I don't have because I was helping Noble. So if me doing what I have been doing, still means I am some loser fanboy in peoples minds, so be it. If any of you owned a business and I did for you what I have done for Noble, then oh yeah, I would be okay in your book.

Nice story. Feel you on the universals being a pain. Left fits every time, right not so much. Customs have been a pita as well though (though I think that's been my fault to a point). If the attacks on you have been getting as bad as they sound they have surely reporting them to a moderator first and foremost should be a priority.

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't know the backstory, don't follow Noble threads, and as far as I know we don't cross each other much on headfi. so all I know is what I read in your post. and here is what I understand from your own vision of the situation: you tell people to buy Noble, you have a friendly relation with the Noble guy, help IRL at a show, your activity here is massively concentrated in Noble threads, and you don't try much else for reasons. so I'm a little confused because of course the first idea that came to my mind when reading your own post, was "fanboy". maybe I don't think of the word in as pejorative a way as others or yourself do, but it seems pretty clear that you're not impartiality world champion 2016-2017. and that's ok, we all have our little favorites.
if you're unhappy because you don't have economical ties with Noble yet people say you do, that I can understand. it would piss me off TBH. but if the issue is that people think you lack objectivity when you talk about Noble products, then... well they're probably right. ^_^
it doesn't mean you must stop loving Noble gears, or feel guilty about it. I'm very partial about my mom and nobody will change that. I wouldn't change her even for 3 other cool kinds of mothers.

/!\ not a modo talking, just good old me and my total lack of subtlety.
"hell is other people". :wink:

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 4
I don't know the backstory, don't follow Noble threads, and as far as I know we don't cross each other much on headfi. so all I know is what I read in your post. and here is what I understand from your own vision of the situation: you tell people to buy Noble, you have a friendly relation with the Noble guy, help IRL at a show, your activity here is massively concentrated in Noble threads, and you don't try much else for reasons. so I'm a little confused because of course the first idea that came to my mind when reading your own post, was "fanboy". maybe I don't think of the word in as pejorative a way as others or yourself do, but it seems pretty clear that you're not impartiality world champion 2016-2017. and that's ok, we all have our little favorites.
if you're unhappy because you don't have economical ties with Noble yet people say you do, that I can understand. it would piss me off TBH. but if the issue is that people think you lack objectivity when you talk about Noble products, then... well they're probably right. ^_^
it doesn't mean you must stop loving Noble gears, or feel guilty about it. I'm very partial about my mom and nobody will change that. I wouldn't change her even for 3 other cool kinds of mothers.

/!\ not a modo talking, just good old me and my total lack of subtlety.
"hell is other people". :wink:

My so called not being impartial has nothing to do with Noble, if I try something and I can help people decide, then they will get my honest unbiased opinion, period. I have tried a few things at shows, but I rather not talk about them because it wasn't long enough to really give an honest review or thoughts about them. Trust me, one of them wouldn't be anything positive sound wise, so I just leave that alone, I don't go into other threads and tell people, buy Noble, if they ask in the Noble thread, then I help them. Fanboy, around here and other places is used as a jab/insult, if I really am biased, which is another thing I have been called, then I probably wouldn't have been asked by one of the other people on here if I would like a demo unit to be sent so I can give my unbiased opinion, those were his words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back