My next upgrade path
Jul 16, 2004 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Asmo

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all ~

I need some advice on where to go with my next upgrades, currently my rig is

emu 1212m (stock) analog outs via zu oxyfuels to my NAD c320 BEE amp (which has relatively great headphone output, comparable to meta42 class of amps) and my sennheiser HD590s w/DIY upgrade cable I purchased from a nice hi-fi member here.

I am considering other headphone/amp options primarily, I believe my source is very good for the time being, and am deciding that the only next step is headphones and/or amp upgrade. I don't believe the 590s will benefit greately from a higher end amp than what I am using now, and although I like the 590s for classical/electronic music, I believe that there must be something to upgrade too.

Considerations?

Is my only real next step to go 600/650/CD3K (in that league) + high quality amp? I am going to try to see if my local dealers can get some senn 595s in, but I hear they are hard to get in Canada still. I have heard the 600s, but if I was gonna go for that sound, I'd probably rather go straight to the 650s.

Help me spend my money, I've run out of ideas!

My music preferences are mainly electronic, classical, new age, lots of female vocalists, and getting into a lil jazz lately, enjoyed the latest Diana Krall, but still very newbie to jazz music, I don't listen to a lot of hardrock/metal and zero rap.

Figured i'd post this in headphone area, because I believe headphones are my primary next upgrade choice. Thanks for your input. Try to keep budget within $1000 CDN.

600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back