My newest bit of bedside reading
Apr 1, 2004 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Really quite amazing book. Very little math, too -- unlike every other book on the subject I've seen so far.

Before you ask, no, I didn't stumble on it accidentally. One of my projects at the moment involves figuring out how to take very accurate measurements from photographs of an object, and those measurements need to be done automatically by computer program...

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 12
What you're describing is more in the field of computer vision than image processing. There are a lot of known algorithms for what you want to do; you should grab a vision textbook. This is not my area so I can't really recommend anything specific.

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 12
Here's mine...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

I've done image processing before, but now it's on to audio processing for my thesis, and eventually coding the result into STL...

What geeks we are.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Wodgy
What you're describing is more in the field of computer vision than image processing. There are a lot of known algorithms for what you want to do; you should grab a vision textbook. This is not my area so I can't really recommend anything specific.

Well, there's a lot of overlap between the fields, so the Handbook goes into a lot of the stuff that I'm looking to do. But thanks for the tips though -- I'll make sure to look into it.

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 12
I'm currently reading Dune Messiah. Just finished Dune. I never really got into it, because unfortunately, the first one I read was one of the travesty's his sons wrote. House Harkonnen, I believe. Start with Dune. If you're a fan of Sci-Fi, or even if you're not, pick this up. It is unbelievable in it's complexity and richness.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #8 of 12
Right now reading Catcher in the Rye. I didn't study in the US my undergrad/highschool studies, so I haven't read many school readings most americans might have read. Next on my list is Catch-22.

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 12
I'm currently reading a novel called BREAKERS about commercial fishing in Alaska. It's quite a decent story about the Salmon and crab Fisheries.

Not quite trawling but hey, it's not bad.

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:25 PM Post #12 of 12
As I welcome an escape of reality lately, im on book 4 of 7 of the 'Dark Tower' series. appr. 700 pages per book and 30 minutes per day, I was stretching it out. But now my girlfriend has picked up the books and is coming on fast in my rearview mirror! I think i'll let her pass me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back