So, quick story. I had an LG Tone+ wireless headset. My cats chewed through the wires that go from the unit to the earbuds.
I said, I won't let this get me down. Soldered in new wires. Got thinking.... I have an extra shure headset wire. Well a little while later, and now I have shure 425's sitting on a wireless hookup. And since shures have tips that can come off, I can use any shure buds, or the new Logitech UE's on it.
a few burn marks on my desk, not the best work ever. But they work! And they sound a hell of alot better than the buds that came on it did. Just thought I'd share this here, since you guys may appreciate it.
Gilly87 - Yes, can and would. Few things I'd say first though.
1. Black cables will look nicer
2. I don't need the headphones, just the cable. I have 215's and 425's i can test on.
3. I have not gone so far as opening up the unit and soldering onto the board. This is a solder connection between 2 wires, using shrink wrap to keep it snug and safe. I can't guarantee it to be as perfect or reliable as the originals.
4. However, I do think I can make it much prettier than what I cobbled together on mine. I cut a wire too high on the shure side, and had to solder straight onto the connector. Not fun, or pretty.
5. PM me if you are still interested.
cuiter23 - Thank my cats. They chewed the original wire, and when I went to repair it, i said... why repair when you can improve?