My neighbour is an idiot..
Jul 30, 2002 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

wab

500+ Head-Fier
My nextdoor neighbour got a giant new subwoofer for his car today. He has been busy installing it in his trunk all afternoon and most of the evening.
It's 11pm right now, I'm in my apartment playing a bit with my computer. Outside, right under my window, my neighbour is in his car (it's an early 80's Volkswagen Golf by the way) blasting Kylie Minogue at full volume. He has been playing this same Kylie song for the last half hour! What a moron. He's also doing these violent moves along with the beat, making his car move back and forth. I can't tell you how ridicilous it looks, you'd have to see it for yourself.
Anyway, I must be really bored to start a thread about this.

Jul 30, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 44
Lol, is the golf in good condition?

It just makes me laugh when I see cars riding on the bass, not an engine.
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 44
wab,

Sorry to hear that you got stuck with an idiot for a neighbor.

Let's make this a thread for out idiot neighbors, cuz i have a lot of them.

The two lesbians upstairs from me have on several occasions burned their dinner and opened their main door only to let the smoke into the hall way...right to the fire alarm.
They smoke like banshees as well, which means in the summertime, my apartment under theirs has this faint smoke putrid smell...especially the bathroom.
They don't work apparently, their home all the time, every morning i wake up, i can hear their damned tv at full blast until noon. They are awake from 5:30am until midnight or even later.
Lastly, they are ugly as hell....damn ugly!

The neighbors below me are a young Israeli couple. The "man" of the house is this scrawny, std infested jerk who blasts russian techno at 11 at night. Apparently, he's never heard of heaphones...me and my brother paid him a visit a while back to cut the **** out. He hasn't blared his horrid "musuc" since then.
Besides the fact that him and his girlfriend fight every single day is another matter.
Lastly, when the idiot of the house inserts his AC unit into the window, he actually carried the thing outside onto the porch to set it in place...talk about plain lack of intelligence....

I've had countless others since i was a kid. The first neighbors i remember upstairs from me was this Italian couple with their two kids. All they did was fight ferociously, beat the crap out of their kids, then blare " (I've Had) The Time of My Life - Medley, Bill & Jennifer Warner" for hours on end. When i mean BLARE, i mean it....you could hear the music outside on the street. Top it all off their kids constantly spilled water, overflowed the toilet, overflowed the sink and tub to the point where the ceiling to my kitchen and bathroom were in bad shape.

Want more? My whole block is filled with the biggest ********.
mad.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 44
I had a neighbor that would sit in his back yard drink beer, watch the Cubs games and shoot off bottle rockets. He would keep this up until he passed out. He would on occasion yell at the top of his lungs Ohhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaa when the Cubs would do something good. Most days this was tolerable as the Cubs rarely do anything tht well. THis same guy almost burned their house down oneday. Never did get a good explanation.

Had a bad roommate my first year of college. Mid way through the first quarter he decided to start smoking in the room. That lasted about all of a minute. He rarely went to class and stayed out late. He only made it 2 quarters.

My best roommate in college introduced me to the world of higher end stereo. His father owned Magnolia Hi-Fi in Seattle. I would listen to his system for hours.

Jul 30, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 44
wow, new york must be ruff.

I live in a house that part of a circular sort of cultisack thing. ITs quite secluded, well away from highways, main roads, etc. Its in the suburbs, so our cultisac thing is almost surrounded by trees and forests.

I like my neighbors
biggrin.gif
. The ones to the left are a chinese family, and speak no english (they dont bother me at all). The ones on the right are an old asian couple, and always give us cakes for christmas even though we dont talk to them much (since they have a hard time speaking english).

Ya my neighborhood is pretty quiet.
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 44
lol...I love how the dum-basses like their bass to be louder than the rest of the music, and to be only one tone.

Jul 30, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 44
wab: You'll need to build the (then) worl famous WAB-WOOFER - powerful enough to blow neighbour & car 30 feet away in a 2 ms 10 Hz burst. Guaranteed fun!
biggrin.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Anybody have a good source for electro magnets? I've got that problem with my neighbours tv being too loud...
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 44
lini, great idea! I think he would be impressed.
Do you think I could power the WAB-WOOFER directly from my Sony Discman?

BTW It's now almost 1 AM here and the guy is still in his car, now playing Dire Straits' Walk Of Life.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #9 of 44
HI ALL. You are making me cry with this stuff. I dont know if its from sorrow or laughter. Please I cant concertrate on my music while I am reading this insane remblance of human behavor. I think this is why some of us are into headphones. We cant hear whats going on with the outside world like upstairs or downstairs or anywhere. I remember the horrows of liveing in an apartment. Thank GOD for my house. But look at the bright side. When your local inconsiderate uncareing screw you type of loveing neighbor does their thing you know its time for you to get the headphones on fast befor you commit murder and go to jail where its even noiser and worst than where you are now. Maby this is why we buy real good cans so we dont lose it and become one of them ah nice beings. Remember love your neighbor HHHHHAAAAAA.

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
lini, great idea! I think he would be impressed.
Do you think I could power the WAB-WOOFER directly from my Sony Discman?

BTW It's now almost 1 AM here and the guy is still in his car, now playing Dire Straits' Walk Of Life.

smily_headphones1.gif

Try a brick, subtle, yet effective.

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 44
I hope you videoed that guy in his car. America's Funniest Hpome Videos would be great revenge.

(I'll agree. New York is chock full'o ********. My neighbor blasts her ****ty music at 8:45am every morning, right about the time I'm sitting down to work. I can't hear much, just the bass coming through the walls. One of these days I'm going to move my 12" sub up against the wall. We'll see who has more power...)

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #14 of 44
All neighbours are idiots. I'm trying to figure out what this is always so consistent, regardless of where you live. And the people across the street always have great next door neighbours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back