My music teacher has no musical knowledge what-so-ever!!!
Nov 18, 2002 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
Today I brought a cd with Josef Barbers' adagio for strings to music class. There was no problem when we heard it, it was the comments that made me want to kill someone.

Firstly some of the other kids said stuff like, "It was totally boring" "How can you make a piece with only 1 instrument", "It got more and more irritating", "I couldn't hear any difference the whole way through, it was the same over and over again" and "That music sucks ass".

Those remarks didn't bother me at all. I just thought "poor kids, they don't understand the bueaty of it at all..."

- But it was when my teacher chimed in I suddenly felt like freaking out. You'd expect a music teacher to have musical knowledge and taste, and I guess she expected that too cuz what she said she said like it was the only opinion one could have.

"I thought it was very relaxing and calming, but I did not feel involved in it at all. It would be better if there were more instruments. And where is the climax? Usually classical music evolves and culminates in a climax, I think it's odd there was no climax in this one."

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It was that last thing she said that made me realise that she didn't even listen at all. I responded:

"What? Did you even listen AT ALL???"

Then she said some ******** about being certain about there being no climax and that I should respect her opinion. Well, she can take her opinion and shove it up her ass where it belongs.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
maybe you should have her and your class evaluate your "real slim shady" remix tomorrow?
tongue.gif

Are you taking her side?? I'LL KILL YOU!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 40
i can talk silly, i've just been revived by the great headphone gods. well when you do perform your little slim shady remix, i suggest you go all out and do it with josef barbers' adagio remixed with a beat behind it also.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #8 of 40
because there is no josef barber
wink.gif

samuel barber wrote adagio for strings.
tongue.gif

if you like that, be sure to check out some other great barber pieces....my faves are the violin concerto and excursions for piano.

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by MooGoesTheCow
because there is no josef barber
wink.gif

samuel barber wrote adagio for strings.
tongue.gif

if you like that, be sure to check out some other great barber pieces....my faves are the violin concerto and excursions for piano.

So it's his music teacher has no musical knowledge what-so-ever, ... I see.

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:27 PM Post #12 of 40
Damn it, I almost knew I didn't get the first name right... thanks
for correcting me.

Btw, the reason why I'm mad at my teacher is that she is always saying stuff like "it doesn't have any soul or message" about my music. (eg: Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins - You know, music where the message, unlike in modern pop, is UNDERstated and Disguised.)

She really likes what they play on the radio. That is just sooo damn primitive. I feel like she is reading a comic book and I am reading a Novel. And when I show her the novel she tells me her comic book has greater poetry and soul, simply because she is too dumb to even try understanding the novel.
rolleyes.gif

- And that is what she teaches my classmates : That the only good music is crappy POP. She totally loves stuff like N'Sync too.

This woman does not qualify as a teacher. In my eyes she is a complete joke. Anyone could be a better teacher than she. In the other subjects I'm not at all as smart as the teachers - in music class I am way smarter.

She doesn't even give you credit for being daring and emotional like other teachers. She thought samuel barbers' adagio for strings was a bad tune because it seemed a bit sad to her.
"Me no like sad song. Me like happy song! Sad song baaaad song..."

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:29 PM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
So it's his music teacher has no musical knowledge what-so-ever, ... I see.

Oh shut up, will you?

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:31 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
but is your music teacher hot?

Naw, a bit too old for me.

Nov 18, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #15 of 40
The Adagio for strings boring ???
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
OMG
eek.gif

People like this shouldn't be authorized to teach ! Try to find the Agnus Dei, pretty similar but with choral, perhaps it will have more success...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back