My mSeed Spirit AMP arrived !
Jul 28, 2007 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

biged

500+ Head-Fier
Just checked my mail, and my amp arrived, already burned in. Too early to really make serious comparisons to my PA2V2 and LDM+, but sounds damn good. Warm and full sound with HF-1s. Currently listening to my songs at 256 AAC VBR on my iPod. Will probably try out some lossless files to see if I can notice any difference.

Take care, Ed.

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 4
How is yours already burned in? I just got mine this week and I'm burning it in now. Sounded great right from the start, but this is my first headphone amp. See my signiture below. Everything sounds great, but now I'm looking at better headphones from my RP-21s - something open. Not Grados though since I really didn't like the MS-1s that I tried and sold - too bright! I was really thinking I may like the HD650s but realize that they would be hard to drive.

Biged how are you powering the Spirit. I have the Radio Shack PS going at 12 volts with 800 mA which is pretty overkill on my easy to drive RP-21s. I wonder if this would be good enough to drive something like the HD650?

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 4
The HD650's are not hard to drive. The Spirit should have no problem with them.

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 4
I bought mine used. Kevin said it is already burned in. Right now it is being powered by a duracell 9v battery. So far, so good. Really like the warmth of the amp.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back