My Monitor doesn't display "Green" anymore...umm
Jan 19, 2004 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

D-EJ915

He...or is it she...is a......Headphoneus Supremus
Yeah, my monitor's on the blink, anybody have any suggestions for a new one??...I'm thinking NEC FE991SB or Mitsubishi FP930SB (like same thing)...but I dunno...
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 9
The gun went out? Slap it around a little.
biggrin.gif

You want to stick with a CRT? Aren't you on hardforums?

Jan 19, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 9
double check the connection between the monitor and the computer?

i'm sure you have....but i've ran into the problem before and it was just a simple matter of pushin the vga cable in farther...

Jan 19, 2004 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 9
I'd say go for a Mitsubishi/NEC is a great monitor choice. I own a Mitsubishi 2040u and the thing is THE best monitor I've ever seen. I also have a NEC newer 19" (Can't remember the model) and for the $250 I paid off of newegg, it is a fantastic monitor. But also, the green going out is probably just a bad connection, broken wire in the cable, or broken solder inside the monitor where the cable plugs in.

Jan 19, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 9
Yeah, I pop up on [H]ard every once in a while
tongue.gif

Slapping it worked before (when red went out), but it didn't work lastnight...it's working again now, but I'm going to look around for a new one with my dad.

The VGA connector is pushed in all the way it can, and it works now and I didn't change it this morning.

Jan 19, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 9
BNC Cable loose?

I'm going to enter into the world of TFT soon, My Iiyama VMP450 died this weekend, and am now temporarily back with my aged Iiyama VMP17 (9017E) what a major come-down... this older CRT sucks
frown.gif

I'm going to get either an LG 1710B, or an LG 1710S (probably the S due to limited availability)... Just hope there isn't too many dead pixels... that, and I hope I don't mind losing 1454080 potential pixels, going from 1920x1440 down to 1280x1024...

Either way, this time next week i'll find out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 9
you can always try blowing it out. I find vacuum cleans are wonderful for that job - if you can get it to blow out. in other words - it may be overheating.

and it could always be the monitor card - especially if the fan is out or it has been overclocked.

try installing a fan so that air is pushed in.

check the cable for continuity.

(This is where having two computers pays off).

and of course it could be the green adjustment pot has developed a bald spot. (like what happens with CD player laser pots). I usually tap the pots with a plastic adjustment tool and watch the screen to find the bad one.

Jan 19, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
Yeah, my monitor's on the blink, anybody have any suggestions for a new one??...I'm thinking NEC FE991SB or Mitsubishi FP930SB (like same thing)...but I dunno...
confused.gif

I'm reading your posting on my desktop's Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2020u. This is the monitor I've used for the last 4 years, the best I've used in my life. Here at work the admins have changed my PC 3 times in the last four years, but I've explicitely told the admins don't change my monitor, leave that one on my desktop. Tireless (meaning, very comfortable for your eyes) as it can get no matter how many hours a day I use it. The viewable area is 19 inches and 3/4, and I use it at 1600x1200. Completely stable, sharp and clear image and colors, all over the surface down to the last corner and pixel.

Cheers,
Raul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back