1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

My meticulously tweaked EQ settings for Shure SE535, Westone 3, Westone 4

First

Back
1 2
  1. JohnSantana

Does this looks correctly adjusted or translated into the Accudio Golden Ears app GEQ ?

photo.png

Please let me know if this is correct or wrong based on the following value:
    13000 Hz, 12 dB, 0.55 oct
    7000 Hz, -12 dB, 0.25 oct
    40 Hz, 4 dB, 3 oct
    150 Hz, -3 dB, 2.37 oct
    5.500 Hz, -3 dB, 1.02 oct
    10.000 Hz, -10 dB, 0.6 oct
    20.000 Hz, 10 dB, 1.13 oct

2. Lunatique
    That doesn't look right. Were you trying to replicate my M50 custom EQ curve exactly?

BTW, here's an updated version of the M50 curve--it's more accurate/detailed than the old one:
    2014-01-05_101349.png
    20 KHz, 10 dB, 0.35 oct
    8700 Hz, -12 dB, 0.30 oct
    5700 Hz, 12 dB, 0.42 oct
    4036 Hz, -3 dB, 0.25 oct
    3400 Hz, 4 dB, 0.33 oct
    2000 Hz, -2.4 dB, 0.42 oct
    300 Hz, 4 dB, 0.47 oct
    130 Hz, -3.2 dB, 0.35 oct
    95 Hz, 4.8 dB, 0.25 oct
    40 Hz, -5.0 dB, 1.82 oct

If that sounds a bit bright for some of you, use this one instead (it's a bit more relaxed in the presence region):
    2014-01-05_101739.png
    Everything is the same except these two bands:
    8700 Hz, -8 dB, 0.30 oct
    5700, 8 dB, 0.42 oct

3. JohnSantana
    Hi Lunatique,

Yes, I'm trying to get "balanced" sound for my Westone W4R so I'm trying to transalte that number into Accudio app GEQ.

4. Lunatique
    You changed the 5500 Hz to -3 dB, and added the 13 KHz and 7KHz bands. Why? 

If you want an accurate/neutral/natural sound, then don't add any other bands to the ones I listed, and don't change anything. I have very normal hearing, and the curve I made is based on the most reliable measurements currently available, and then slightly relaxed the presence frequency range for a non-fatiguing sonic signature that will sound great even during long listening sessions at moderate to loud listening levels. You can take my curve and compare it to the measurement at InnerFidelity and see exactly where I matched the measurement and where I made minor adjustments for a less fatiguing sound. You can also just try and EQ exactly to the measurement if your ears aren't as sensitive to the presence region.

JohnSantana likes this.
  5. JohnSantana

it was a bit experiment for myself, but yes, I will try to input these values based on your Freq. Response graph on your reply above:

Hopefully they works for W4R.

I'm used to bright sounding IEM since I come from Logitech UE brand before :)

6. Lunatique
    For those of you who have been following this thread, I have something big I want to share with all of you.

I've finally written that comprehensive guide on how to easily/reliably EQ your headphone for the most accurate/neutral sound possible. I have included everything--from what tools to use, the exact steps and approach, what to listen for, and all the test tones you need as well as carefully chosen musical material that's from my own audio gear testing playlist, with descriptions for how to use each track to test for specific problems in your headphones (and of course can be used to test speakers too). Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/796791/the-most-reliable-easiest-way-to-eq-headphones-properly-to-achieve-the-most-ideal-sound-for-non-professionals

First

Back
1 2