My little doggy is dying...
Mar 4, 2006 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Oistrakh

Headphoneus Supremus
Today, my little boston terrier couldn't move. He had trouble breathing and layed down, he was dying. My parents brought him to an animal hospital, where they found out he had low blood sugar. They tried giving him some sugar, but hes still unconscious. We're going to find out today at 8pm whats his conditions and what whether to put him to sleep or not... Hes only eight years old...

This is going to be a long time for me...
frown.gif

Edit: My dog has died. Go to page two to see his pictures and the official news...

Mar 4, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 43
I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is never easy. Just try to think of the good times you had with them.

Mar 4, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 43
I lost my beloved Irish Wolfhound (my Avatar) a few months ago.
He died in my arms - Vet assisted.
It's going to be very hard for you - but don't hold back. Things will find their correct place, and you will feel better in the end.
Good luck, and see your friend off in grand style.

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #9 of 43
Damn. I just found out today that my cousins dog has cancer and will be put down in the next few weeks. She's a 10 year old black lab.

Very sad.

My condolences.

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #10 of 43
Diabetes is difficult to treat in pets. Usually the only warning sign is a major increase in drinking of water and urination.

I had two hamsters that had diabetes, and they did not live very long. There is no way to give injections to such a small animal on a regular basis.

Our 17 year old poodle is ailing, but still alive and cranky more than ever. I'm afraid her time is coming to an end, but everytime I think she's going to give up and die, she keeps having alot of attitude and angry as ever, so I know she's OK.

Sorry to hear of you dog's illness. I hope that he will get better or pass on quickly and painlessly.

-Ed

Mar 5, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #11 of 43
I'm sorry to hear the news.

My dad and I put to sleep our German Sherpherd more than five years ago. He was only a few years old but developed hip problems. It took me about a year to get over his death completely. Whenever I looked out at the backyard from inside the house, I could see Johnny running back and forth chasing the squirrel running on top of the fence for its dear life, and my eyes would get teary. That was the first time for me... very difficult ordeal.

I'm sure you are doing all you can to ease your dog's discomfort. Good luck.

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #12 of 43
Shawhei (my dog) got euthanized at 9:30 today at a Waltham emergency vetinary clinic. The doctor told my family that he had low blood sugar, and it might have been caused by insilin by a tumor. The doctors weren't sure because they hadn't done any testing, and we didn't want to see our dog go through the suffering, so we had the nurse euthanize him. It so sad, I was sobbing, knowing that I will never see shawhei jumping around, wagging his tail, and licking my face again...

RIP. Shawhei. I'm sorry I never treated you and well and played with you as much as I should...

Its also interesting to note that my dog died on the same day he was born, March 4, 1998. God, please take care of my dog in heaven.

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #13 of 43
And I'm sobbing with you. I'm going to go hug our three dogs in a minute. Though I've had to do what you did for Shawhei many times in my life, it will never be easy, and will always hurt like hell. But we have to when they are hurting. All I can leave you with is this:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

God will care for him until you get to see him again.

A_Sr.

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #15 of 43
I am very sorry to hear that man! My dog is getting old and thinking of letting him go just brings tears to my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back