My Iguana's got a Posse
Mar 4, 2006 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
posse7kj.jpg

[size=xx-small]thx imageshack[/size]

every day these cats come and watch my iguana tenchi for hours. sometimes tenchi will crawl back and forth across the window sill, making the cats jump into the glass.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
if tenchi decides to do this i'll get a movie of it. it's hilarious.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
That's hilarious.

Cats: "Lunch!"

Iguana: "Yawn....suckers"

tenchi is training the cats to do his bidding. soon he'll have an army of chubby cats swaming over the u-district.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 34
Im going to take a picture of my buddys/my iguana named fredrick , hes awesome except i was feeding him out of my hand and he went for my finger on what i hope was an accident.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
Im going to take a picture of my buddys/my iguana named fredrick , hes awesome except i was feeding him out of my hand and he went for my finger on what i hope was an accident.

if you were feeding him it was probably an accident. iguanas do not seem to have good depth perception, so sometimes they go in too deep for food and get a finger. did fredrick let go right away? if so then it was an accident.

an iguana will give you plenty of warning before it bites you for real.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 34
Nice set up man.

I see you take your responsibilities as a pet owner very serious and that is one healthy looking iguana
icon10.gif

BTW-that cat looks either hynotized or like he is thinking "OK.if i stay very still and don't blink it is only a matter of time before the green crawly thing comes down here where i can bushwhack his squirmy butt"

But he needs to realise a serious tail whip beats a tabby hands down every time.

Someone say "wakeup call" ?

mmee[size=small]eeeeooooooowwwww[/size]wwwww.........

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
if you were feeding him it was probably an accident. iguanas do not seem to have good depth perception, so sometimes they go in too deep for food and get a finger. did fredrick let go right away? if so then it was an accident.

an iguana will give you plenty of warning before it bites you for real.

he held it for a second and then i sayed fredrick and he let go and then i fed him some more then just poured the lettuce in his bowl, i dont think its on purpose hehe hes awesome

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 34
I think they are hungry...try not to let them meet outside.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Nice set up man.

I see you take your responsibilities as a pet owner very serious and that is one healthy looking iguana
icon10.gif

BTW-that cat looks either hynotized or like he is thinking "OK.if i stay very still and don't blink it is only a matter of time before the green crawly thing comes down here where i can bushwhack his squirmy butt"

But he needs to realise a serious tail whip beats a tabby hands down every time.

Someone say "wakeup call" ?

mmee[size=small]eeeeooooooowwwww[/size]wwwww.........

very seriously. i've got all the right lights, equipment, food, vets, etc. tenchi is kind of a sweetheart though, he's never whipped his tail yet and doesn't head-bob. i'm training him to jump up on my shoulder on command. so far he does it!

my previous iguana alea would whack both those cats into the next yard with her tail. she was HUGE.
alea0kg.jpg

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

my previous iguana alea would whack both those cats into the next yard with her tail. she was HUGE.

that is one fine looking beast if you are into that sorta thing,I am
icon10.gif

My problem with iguanas was never the females but a large male I had that would go after my wifes legs with a tail whip ! I know the why of it but still was not something that i could allow.Came down to the iguana or the wife and after some long thought and deep soul searching chose to keep the wife and toss the beasty
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
that is one fine looking beast if you are into that sorta thing,I am
icon10.gif

My problem with iguanas was never the females but a large male I had that would go after my wifes legs with a tail whip ! I know the why of it but still was not something that i could allow.Came down to the iguana or the wife and after some long thought and deep soul searching chose to keep the wife and toss the beasty
very_evil_smiley.gif

that's just an iguana's way of saying, "how you doin'?"

that's a shame rick. i guess some iguanas are just more aggressive than others. i've read that aggression can be breeded out, so get your ig's from a reputable breeder.

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

that's a shame rick. i guess some iguanas are just more aggressive than others. i've read that aggression can be breeded out, so get your ig's from a reputable breeder.

That is my understanding also.

Those South and Central American iguana farms seem to put out a uniformaly ill tempered beasts but because they raise iguanas for food and the animal are so the cheap re-sellers buy in bulk and that is what is mostly out there in the public marketplace.

As in most things a bargain is not really a bargain usually and it pays to spend up front for a quality animal by like you said,a reputable breeder.

My digs are not as large as previous so I am down to a couple of Eublapharine geckos and a Central American Ornate Wood turtle though I DO have my eye on this five year old Red Foot tortoise...........................

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #14 of 34
are those the fat-tailed geckos? those are great animals, very handsome.

i got my first iguana alea in 1992 (she died in 2005), and we both had attitude problems, so we got along. she was actually very tough but sweet.

this current ig came to a local pet store via a captive breeding program in a california zoo. he has remarkable coloring and his nails and spikes are totoise shell pattern.

well the cats ran off finally, but i'll keep the camera handy in case the show starts up again.

Mar 4, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

are those the fat-tailed geckos? those are great animals, very handsome.

Yeah though from the same family I have had Leopards and Banded (native to SW U.S.A. and central america).

As you said they are handsome creatures in the chocolate brown/tan saddles coloring but the real draw is a docile nature that allows handling,a fair adult size but yet small enough for any dwelling and best of all a twenty year life span.toss in easy care and they blow the "FOTM" leopards right out of the water.

Quote:

i got my first iguana alea in 1992 (she died in 2005), and we both had attitude problems, so we got along. she was actually very tough but sweet.

I had a python like that but when he decided I was meat his days were numbered
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

his current ig came to a local pet store via a captive breeding program in a california zoo. he has remarkable coloring and his nails and spikes are totoise shell pattern.

Cool.I love the unusual or intensively marked reptiles and when you have a healthy attractive animal usualy those traits can be passed on through breeding though not for everyone.A damn lot of work and requires 24/7 attention to the needs of the animal and the family "lines".

I have a "high orange" African Fat Tail that is reaching the end of his days but at almost 11 inches long and still with the original tail after 17 years and every shed a good one I never bred him due to the stress on the animal making the lifespan much shorter.

BTW-A little known factoid is incubation temps determine not only what sex a herpetile will be but also what type of disposition it will have.A knowledgable breeder wil not only use that but also not breed a particularly aggressive specimen unless the goal is just profit then all bets are off.

Quote:

well the cats ran off finally, but i'll keep the camera handy in case the show starts up again.

one thing about cats man,even when you think they are gone or are asleep they have an uncanny way of surprising humans.No doubt yours is up to something very disturbed right now and will not fail to eventually let you in on it
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back