My Horrible Audio-GD Experience
Nov 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

LondonHiFier

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Hi,[/size]

[size=10pt]I would like to share my experience with Audio-gd.[/size]

[size=10pt]I had my NFB12 for about 9 months and it started having problems whereby it would just turn itself off and back on again. I mailed Audio-gd and got a very poor response about how to check that USB drivers are installed correctly. This had nothing to do with USB problems however as the unit was losing all power. Audio-gd has to have worst English of any company I have had to do business with, very hard to understand what they are trying to convey.[/size]

[size=10pt]After another 2 months my NFB12 failed and would not turn on at all so I contacted them and arranged to send it back for repair. This is where things went downhill. It took them ages to acknowledge they had even received my amp and start diagnosing the issue. Finally they said it was repaired and would send it back in the next two days. I was happy about this and eagerly awaited shipment. A number of days past and they have now said there was nothing wrong with my amp that I had sent in. I found this to be in contradiction to what they had previously said and thought my NFB12 was already on its way back to me (it so wasn’t!) I tell them that there is definitely an issue with my amp and I don’t want to have it sent back and have the same issue again in a few months. Can they replace it with a new one which they agree to a NFB12.1. A week or so goes by and they say they will have it shipped and send me the tracking info. I wait another week and Audio-gd still have not sent it yet stating it will be done tomorrow.[/size]

[size=10pt]So I wait a few days and after hounding them about shipment info they tell me they can’t fit a NFB12.1 board in a NFB12 chassis and they want to send my original broken NFB12 back. I said this is not good and disagree as I previously stated I don’t want to be stuck with a faulty unit with intermittent problems if they did not originally find the cause of the problem. I wait another month and they state they are making a new NFB12.1 for me and it will be shipped in 3 days (we have been here before haven’t we.....) I follow up with Audio-gd via email requesting the status of my shipment, they give me tracking details for DHL which I check online. This is weird though, I am in the UK and the package is listed as "delivered" and the destination is in the USA. I query Audio-gd about this and they say DHL change numbers after they are shipped and provide me with a new number and instructions on how to use them, these however are very hard to read and lead you in circles. I can’t get the new tracking number to work either as it just states it is not valid.[/size]

[size=10pt]So it is almost 4 months later and Audio-gd are not responding to my emails and support tickets logged requesting information about the status of my replacement/repair. I can only treat this now as stolen equipment from a company (Audio-gd) who will not respond to my emails or get back to me.[/size]

[size=10pt]I would avoid this company at ALL costs and not buy from them! They have many people using their equipment on this board and I enjoyed using it but the support and attitude of Audio-gd is not good at all. [/size][size=10pt]I feel I am giving a 100% accurate reflection of my dealings with Audio-gd. I have all the emails and tracking information to back it up too. I don’t think I will get very much further with them but if anyone can help? let me know.[/size]

[size=10pt]Thanks[/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 25
Depending on who you've been dealing with, you should try and contact Kingwa directly. His customer service has never been anything less than exemplary for me (I have bought 4 products from them), and he has always been quick to respond to emails. Disparaging their English likely won't get you anywhere, as you knew they were a Chinese company to begin with. From my experiences, they have always stood behind their product, offering fixes even for minor cosmetic issues.

Sorry to hear about your unpalatable experience; try to get in touch with Kingwa, as he'll likely make things right.

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 25
[size=10pt]Hi,[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Thanks for the feedback on your experience. I understand that English may not be their first language but when selling your product to an international market you should be prepared to engage your customers at a respectable level. Even if it means employing/outsourcing someone for this task a limited number of times a week.[/size]

[size=10pt]I have mainly been dealing with someone named Sai, Kingwa has been copied into the email correspondence and still the response and assistance from Audio-gd has been subpar. If Audio-gd see this post maybe they can explain themselves and provide more info on why this has been such an issue for them to get right.[/size]

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 25
Wow, I feel really bad for what you've been going through. Despite what anyone might say, this is completely unacceptable. There's no excuse for this level of of bad cs. And judging from their responses, they have deliberately gone out of their way to deceive you. I hate to hear horror stories like this. I hope it gets straightened out for you.

Nov 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 25
thanks for sharing your story. Definitely not going to buy any Audio-gd equipments any time soon after this horror story!
(removing an amp from my list of possible new purchases)

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #8 of 25
Sorry to hear about your bad experience and all this confusion, I hope this is sorted out soon. I recommend that you are crystal clear and concise in your communications. Anything else could cause confusion and delays. Let us know what happens.

It would be helpful if Audio GD would post their side of this story... I am not encouraging an argument. I would just like to know what they are thinking and why they have not sent your item.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #11 of 25
This is a non-audio-gd warning to all......dealing with almost all Chinese manufacturers is a pain because of (1) time delay issues and (2) communication issues. If you are ordering from China, you'd better be prepared for anguish should you need service. That is the price you pay, for a cheaper price.

That being said....I have made 6 or 7 purchases from audio-gd, and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. Yes, I have had issues with a couple of their amps, and those issues one was difficult to resolve and one was easy.

If you want easier repair service at a higher price, there are many US based companies that do a great job. I am sorry to hear about the OPs issues, especially since I am an audio-gd fan and have always found them to want to do the right thing. But with the overseas issues, it is hard to make sure that the right thing is being done.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #12 of 25
Hi All,

Just and update. I have still not received my amp from Audio-GD after many promises that it is on its way. Even my address was confirmed this time. I think they are ignoring my emails now as I dont even get the automated response ones when sending to their listed business email. I think I have been fair with Audio-GD but I am still not getting anywhere :frowning2:

I will be putting together some info and posting it online about my experience from start to finish for others that may be interested + perspective customers. I will include all email [size=10pt]correspondence [/size]and further info where required. Keep an eye on this thread as I will post a link with the info when I have it completed.

Sparky14, Thanks for your input although I do think to be fair waiting for near on 5 months now to get this resolved would be bad for business and poor support no matter which country you are in. This kind of response from a company is just not "good for business" Using price as an excuse is not good enough, what about their customers that buy the more high end products that are not what one would call affordable? Would they get the same level of support?

I have even asked if I can get the contact details phone/email of the business owner or director of Audio-GD but this has been ignored.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #14 of 25
The matter is Mr. Sai take the gear out of workshop for shipping but forgot shipping and report a wrong track number  (was another customer bough the NFB11.32)  to Mr.Luke and my Mgr.
Mr. Sai want to follow all track number until customers receive the goods but he simply have not do well on this , and I have not discover the matter until today .

I am sorry for this worst experience of Mr. Luke .
Now We have find your gear and which way you like we do either as follow :
1, Shipping the original gear within today .
2, Exchange a NFB15.32 and shipping at tomorrow .
3, Full return your money .

Since today I will follow all cases until I find another mate can follow the proper service .

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:
The matter is Mr. Sai take the gear out of workshop for shipping but forgot shipping and report a wrong track number  (was another customer bough the NFB11.32)  to Mr.Luke and my Mgr.
Mr. Sai want to follow all track number until customers receive the goods but he simply have not do well on this , and I have not discover the matter until today .

I am sorry for this worst experience of Mr. Luke .
Now We have find your gear and which way you like we do either as follow :
1, Shipping the original gear within today .
2, Exchange a NFB15.32 and shipping at tomorrow .
3, Full return your money .

Since today I will follow all cases until I find another mate can follow the proper serive .

Sorry to hear about your experience.  King-wa's response here is typical of my service experience-he will make it right.  I have purchased the following from Audio-gd:  DAC 19 DSP, C2, C2-SA, Phoenix, NFB-8,  DI w/power supply and most recent a Reference 10.32.

I have been fortunate that all my gear has worked flawlessly and I have sold everything I have bought except the C2-SA and the Reference 10.32 without buyers having any problems.  My NFB-8 arrived with the POT for the selector damaged from shipping and King-wa promptly sent me a couple of knobs and POTs.  I was able to repair.  He then changed the design of his higher end products to avoid knobs by using flat selector switches to avoid potential damage to knobs when shipping.  There was another problem when I ordered a power supply for the DI and I received a high end power cord.  When I reviewed the communication it was my fault for not being clear.  Rather than return the cord I only had to pay shipping on the power supply and was not charged.

I will not hesitate to buy from Audio-gd again and I can say the value I think is unsurpassed for his products.

Please report back on how this gets resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back