1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

My headphone journey is coming to a near end (for now)....

First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last
  1. Redcarmoose
    The people here that are the most happy have found a system that they can reach satisfaction with. Money spent isn’t always a factor, but of course money can buy more expensive gear, and at times more expensive gear is better.

You know how they say everyone’s home is their castle. That’s due to the fact that people are going to be enamored with whatever they have. And.......some will strive and work for better gear, some will like what they have. The whole thing though is finding your personal sound preference. Everyone is slightly different to a point. But money spent in the right direction is often times spent on the right sound signature.

If someone was happy in 1999 with their gear and still likes the sound signature 20 years later, and it all works fine, they won! There is no right or wrong here. IMO

Before I joined Head-Fi I had the same headphones for 10 years. 1996-2006; one single pair.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. wink
    happiness is being content with you have, not what you want.

Redcarmoose likes this.
  3. wink
    ... or, perhaps, it is an ethereal concept.....

4. wink
    An end is only the beginning of something else

5. wink
    ... or, not..................

6. Happy Camper
    Fluffing the post count? 25 useless posts.

When you are new to the hobby or a novice, you are in learning mode. With every thread, something challenges your knowledge and you have to investigate. Once you gain enough knowledge to spend wisely, you do your due diligence and jump in. Some of us find our gear and jump out. Others get caught up in the hype and buy, buy, buy. Some of those reasons are peer acceptance, buying power ego, collection addiction, being first, wanting to be considered an expert. If you follow the advice and listen to others gear at meets, you can save yourself a lot of money and get some pretty good results. Getting hooked into this marketing trap is a dangerous and expensive proposition. The true winners are the players in the game, not the hobbyist.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Redcarmoose likes this.
  7. JTori
    These are really nice looking. Can you please provide some more info on them?

8. wink
    Seen one..... sen 'em all.................:ksc75smile:

9. wuwhere Contributor
    That's what...said

10. wink
    Live long, and prosper..........

11. wuwhere Contributor
    and stay young

12. wink
    ....if you can.......

13. BobG55
    [​IMG]

Christmas wreath door holder - Each of my seven headphones hang from one on a coat hanger pole in the closet of my music room.

14. Whazzzup
    Im done

15. BobG55
    As an audiophile ? If so, I probably am also I've owned more expensive headphones in the past then the ones I presently own & didn't find them better, e.g. Focal Utopia, HD800, HD800S, etc. Same w/ amps, e.g. Zana Deux S, Headamp GS-X MKII, Benchmark hpa 2, V281, V200, V850DAC, PS Audio PerfectWave MKII etc. Love my present set up (see my profile). I find my present setup to be modest and excellent sound wise. Now it's time to sit back, enjoy the music & spend my old age money on other things. I've come to the conclusion, based on experience in this hobby, that good enough is good enough and sounds just as good as more expensive and FOTM phenomena.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last