My GR-07 died, Please Help me Choose my New iem!
Jul 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Baycode

Headphoneus Supremus
After 2 years of excellent service, my Vsonic GR-07's right earpiece suddenly died. I have opened and re-cabled it but had no chance
frown.gif

I really liked their sound. Matches my preferences very well. The only one thing I need more were the sound-stage depth and may be a little bit more clarity. But they were pleasure to listen.

Now that I cannot afford an 178USD iem again I am looking for cheaper alternatives.

I am in between these iems:

TDK IE800
TDK BA200
JVC HA-FXD80
JVC HA-FXD70
Rockit Sounds R-50
Hifiman RE400 Waterline

Please help me choose my second hifi iem!
redface.gif
  I am a long time head-fi'er and read every possible review on head-fi but couldn't settle on one iem
confused_face.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 2
Nobody replied to my post, therefore I had to
cool.gif
 in order to help a buddy in the future
rolleyes.gif

After extensive search on head-fi, I have decided to buy Sony MH1C.

Glad that I did!

It's sound signature is sooo close to GR07.

Highs are good for my tastes. No sibilance. Yet detailed. Mids reminds me of GR07 but very tiny bit recessed. I am sharing my thoughts without burn-in with MH1C. And GR07 from memory. But I have to mention, I have used GR07 for 2 years, nearly every day. So I know very well how it sounded (although I also knew that the hearing memory is not trustable). MH1C delivers better and stronger sub bass. Mid bass is also very very good. Soundstage? It is not wide as a GR07 but better in depth and 3 dimensional feeling. Overall I really like soundstage on these MH1C's!

Cable is the pain on MH1C. Very microphonic, J cord is the worst part.
mad.gif
  But if you use the shirt clip and put the cable over the ears it is less problematic. But I like the mic and volume buttons (Also play/pause buttons).

From my experience I can easily say that if you're like me, in the search of an iem substitute for GR07 don't hesitate to buy MH1C.

It mached my Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone very well. I dont have to pull out my iems everytime I receive a call. This is good
wink_face.gif

And the best part, it is very cheap! It cost me only 42USD including shipping from Singapore to Turkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back