My friend is looking for a CAN that does noise isolation really well
Mar 16, 2006 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
He doesnt want anything to put up his ears. He want something around his ears like headphones or earplugs

The main thing of course is sound isolation..then comfortablity, then music quailty

its stricly for music...Thanks....Budget is 50 bucks

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 20
sennheiser EH150 can do it.... if you really want to get rid of noise then i guess any cheap noise cancelling phone would work.

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
when people talk while playing low music.....you wont hear it with those cans?

You'll hear something, but you won't be able to make out anything clearly. And if they talk softly, then you won't be able to hear anything.

Mar 16, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
He doesnt want anything to put up his ears. He want something around his ears like headphones or earplugs

The main thing of course is sound isolation..then comfortablity, then music quailty

its stricly for music...Thanks....Budget is 50 bucks

Your friend, huh? Suuuuure
icon10.gif

I haven't used the AKG K26p's, but within the $50 price limit it's hard to go wrong getting the PX-100s (although these may not be the best in terms of sound isolation)

Seeing that isolation is key...you mentioned that he's open to "earplugs", so why not suggest a pair of E2c's used off of the threads here or some Etys?

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 20
Oh for Pete's sake, did you even read his post?
redface.gif
At all?
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
I haven't used the AKG K26p's, but within the $50 price limit it's hard to go wrong getting the PX-100s (although these may not be the best in terms of sound isolation)

Yeah, he wants sound isolation most of all, and you recommend an open headphone. That makes a *lot* of sense.

Quote:

Seeing that isolation is key...you mentioned that he's open to "earplugs", so why not suggest a pair of E2c's used off of the threads here or some Etys?

He doesnt want anything to put up his ears. He want something around his ears like headphones or earplugs.

While his statement is a little confusing, he's said that he's not looking to shove something in his ears twice - once in the title, then here.

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Your friend, huh? Suuuuure
icon10.gif

Damnit....I cant even hide this...I guess some of us here knows how headphone addictions can be.....

But back to this subject, any more iso-headphones that dont require you to put it up ur ears? ( I tried my bro's pair of canal plug, it hurts ALOT....) lol....Do you have to stick the WHOLE thing in there?

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRivers
Oh for Pete's sake, did you even read his post?
redface.gif
At all?
blink.gif

Yeah, he wants sound isolation most of all, and you recommend an open headphone. That makes a *lot* of sense.

He doesnt want anything to put up his ears. He want something around his ears like headphones or earplugs.

While his statement is a little confusing, he's said that he's not looking to shove something in his ears twice - once in the title, then here.

Jeeez! Take it easy Paul...you gonna ground SennFan now?
tongue.gif

I would suggest the NOISE CANCELLING/ISOLATING PX200 by Sennheiser. Lightweight, comfy, aesthetically pleasing and relatively inexpensive ($50).
An nothing gets shoved anywhere...
Oh, and Paul if I have written something incorrectly, im sorry-take it easy with me
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Jeeez! Take it easy Paul...you gonna ground SennFan now?
tongue.gif

I would suggest the NOISE CANCELLING/ISOLATING PX200 by Sennheiser. Lightweight, comfy, aesthetically pleasing and relatively inexpensive ($50).
An nothing gets shoved anywhere...
Oh, and Paul if I have written something incorrectly, im sorry-take it easy with me
icon10.gif

Well, kwitel...actually...
tongue.gif
the sennheisser noise-cancelling headphones are the 150, 250, and 300.

The Sennheiser 200 isn't noise cancelling. And it's...hehe, at the expense writing another interesting post - although it's "closed", it's nowhere big enough to be considered isolating. See, it's a lot more like this
rs1smile.gif
than this
340smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #14 of 20
A serious reply though -

The Sony MDRNC50's are the most isolating headphone I've found. They are noise cancelling, plus they have the "around the ear" design that blocks out a decent amount of the rest of the noise. I remember them being pretty comfortable, although I found the sound quality to be crap - it was just dead and lifeless. But it wasn't screetching or anything - you could give them a try yourself (or, uhm, your friend could
biggrin.gif
). They sell them at any best buy, amazon.com, compusa, etc etc for anywhere between $120 and $200.

The BOSE noise cancelling headphones might an ok compromise between isolation and sound quality. They're $300, but I do think they sound better than the Sony's. I'm afraid I can't compare their noise isolation, as I don't have two pairs to compare, but they both have the same basic external design. A lot of people on this forum don't like BOSE, but no one's been able to suggest anything with equivalent/better noise reduction overall that sounds better (The Senn 250 has pretty good sound. Unfortunately, they suck at noise cancellation - I have a pair that I've been using for the last several months, so I know).

If you're *REALLY* *REALLY* serious about reducing noise, I bet for about a grand these would really do the trick:
http://www.bose.com/controller?event..._headset_index

Lastly, someone posted a pdf with a huge list of the non-noise-cancelling closed headphones a few ago, but I've spent 15 minutes trying to find it and I just can't seem to. (With my luck, it's probably posted on a sticky that I've missed several times). "markl" wrote the pdf, so maybe someone else knows the link to it...the pdf actually had a table of the noise isolation he thought each headphone had.

Hope you write back what ends up working for you...uhm, I mean you friend. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back