My friend had the nerve to say Bose was the best...
Mar 7, 2006 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
lol and I ripped him bad for saying it. But, he said, he states two things:

1.) If Bose doesn't make the best SPEAKERS (not headphones), who does?

2.) He also said that Bose flippin' makes electric suspensions for cars. He's the unreliable type, so idk if he said anything that's true about it.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 35
[size=xx-large]BOSE RULES[/size]

I think your just mad because you don't have one.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #5 of 35
lol I finally got to try a Triport and Quiet Comfort 2 in the Apple Store. Went in there just to try them. If they were free, the Quiet Comfort was, meh, okay. But the Triport...the salesperson gave me this weird look because my face was all screwed up trying to force myself to listen through it.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 35
My Coby CV-160's ate some Triports at JR.com before they shipped them to me. It was noted in the shipping notes of my invoice.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 35
btw, I only know good headphones and IEMs...what are good speakers that slaughter Bose for the same price?

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
btw, I only know good headphones and IEMs...what are good speakers that slaughter Bose for the same price?

Just about any decent MFG out there thats who. Drive down to any chain that has Polk's or Infinity's that will own Bose's arse. They live on hype last I checked they still have "fiber" cones ie. paper.

Free your ears
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valnoren
Just about any decent MFG out there thats who. Drive down to any chain that has Polk's or Infinity's that will own Bose's arse. They live on hype last I checked they still have "fiber" cones ie. paper.

Free your ears
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Treated paper is one of the most acoustically ideal driver materials on the market. There's a lot wrong with Bose, but their choice of paper is a nonissue. Some of the best speakers made use "treated fiber" cones. It has the right combination of rigidity, light weight, durability, and ease of workmanship.

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #11 of 35
I'll give you that treated cones are good but with the lack of information from Bose its hard to say what they have done to advance the technology like they claim.

When you see othe companies trying different materials with great results (some not so great) at least the other companies are showing effort.

I have owned Bose speakers I have some old ones around here somwhere still but the sound quality they claim is far from others.

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Treated paper is one of the most acoustically ideal driver materials on the market. There's a lot wrong with Bose, but their choice of paper is a nonissue. Some of the best speakers made use "treated fiber" cones. It has the right combination of rigidity, light weight, durability, and ease of workmanship.

What really is wrong with Bose is simply careless integration: Their woofers use undersized and/or underpowered magnets, and they're placed inside cabinets that are seriously undersized for the woofers' characteristics. What's more, their tweeters are of the wrong size for both mids and highs: too small for good mids, too big for detailed highs.

Mar 7, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Kill him, kill him now before he has time to breed!

Yeah pick up your machetes,and kill even the small cockroaches! They may be able to multiply and grow into a bigger and meaner one!
very_evil_smiley.gif

No, actually if you own a triport(i own one; and it does its job of acoustically amplifying some of my songs ripped in 128; and the bass is just undeniably tight and deeeeeeeeep
eek.gif
Stoking deepness), you will notice that they are deserving of its price, seeing as they are somewhat better than most of the Iem's in its price range and in "some" of the cans out there.

In the speaker section of bose, I also own the mighty "acoustimass 5."
There are only two words that I can describe them opinion-wise:
Simply Unbeatable!

Mar 7, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
What really is wrong with Bose is simply careless integration: Their woofers use undersized and/or underpowered magnets, and they're placed inside cabinets that are seriously undersized for the woofers' characteristics. What's more, their tweeters are of the wrong size for both mids and highs: too small for good mids, too big for detailed highs.

Whatever the erroneous specs it has, it simply gets its job done for me, which is very unlikely in other systems in the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back