My Fluke 110 DMM is Toast.
Jan 2, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #31 of 44
SMD diodes come in the same package, it's an easy mistake
rolleyes.gif

g

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TriLithium
I've been around this forum for a couple of months now but until now i hadn't found a reason to make a post until now, i'am actually a little bit disappointed to see that only one member had the right answer
tongue.gif

It is just one simple tantalum chip capacitor of 47uF/10V most likely a case size D. One thing to remember with these caps is that the + lead is at the white stripe.
Digikey had plenty of those, nothing fancy to be ordered, it's a plain simple tantalum cap.

geez, sorry i didnt pick it from the photo. It looks like a diode, they often include diodes like that for reverse polarity protection and I didnt say my oppinion was the be all and end all. Just a sugestion . . . it may have been thrown out if I didnt recomend to remove it and see what happens.

Jan 12, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #40 of 44
I've never heard of a capacitor with built-in fuse. I'd just get whatever is cheapest. Go for low ESR otherwise.

I use many capacitors that look exactly like that but as I post here seldom I had no chance to catch it earlier.

Jan 13, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
OK, which type of 47uF 10V Tantalum should I get?

Obviously SMD packaging. But should I get Low ESR, Precision, Built in Fuse, or just standard?

-Ed

Standard / General purpose

Jan 13, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #43 of 44
If you figure out why it happened, i'd love to know so mine doesn't fry itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back