My FLAC files are gone!!! I converted using EAC
Nov 6, 2009 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tldoxmf87

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, so after ripping music from a CD to my computer as a WAV file, I tried to convert it to FLAC.

I didn't know how to do it so I just dragged the WAV file and dropped it to EAC.

A pop-up window shows up to choose a location to save it..

I press okay and then it starts converting!

But then when I go into that folder there are no files... And my WAV files have been deleted too..

But then.. I dragged and dropped another WAV file to EAC just to make sure I saved it in the right place.

The pop-up menu actually shows all my FLAC files in the right folder.

So what the heck is happening?? What should I do?

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Oh wow nevermind! I found the files..
I used the search function of windows to search the whole hard drive and it was in some weird folder I never heard of...

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Okay just because I started this useless thread..
I'll ask some questions.

Is there a difference in SQ when converting to FLAC directly from the CD and converting to FLAC from WAV files?

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Is there a difference in SQ when converting to FLAC directly from the CD and converting to FLAC from WAV files?

No. Why are you reading to wave first then converting to flac? Just use EAC rip/encode to flac in one go.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #6 of 6
Yea if you actually look at the folder when EAC reads the files you can see it create the wav and then convert and replace it with the flac version. (you need to press F5 every few seconds to see this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back