My Fitz modded dual Darkvoices are here! Big Pics!
Apr 11, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #46 of 86
Come one... you know you want one of those purdy singlepower steppers. Anything else is just going to be second best.
very_evil_smiley.gif

As for your 'three conclusions', bang on with what I've been hearing of the K340's when fed from a balanced tube amp. Bass light... suuure.
340smile.gif

Someone asked how they do for rock. I believe Steve is talking classic rock... and I would have to agree that has never been the K340's strong point. Stuff that is 'weakly' mastered like The Doors needs some mad amplification to get it sounding as exciting as more recent discs. That said, current rock sounds quite nice on them... especially stuff with acoustic guitar.
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #48 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone asked how they do for rock. I believe Steve is talking classic rock

Thanks, philodox. Can't wait to get them and just see how they handle some of the crazy stuff I have.

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #49 of 86
congrats on yer new toys, steve! i'm not convinced about other mods for the k340s, but balancing certainly seems to give them something extra. can't wait to see what you do with those orthodynamics! ya gotta come up for the next ny meet with your cool toys. enjoy 'em!
340smile.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #50 of 86
You lucky guy! I can't even get my hands on a single DV336i let alone a dual Darkvoice setup!

Awesome work Fitz!!

Look forward to seeing this as one big joined amp!

Apr 11, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #58 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
welcome superpredator, to our little group of freaks ^^;

To which freaky group do you refer? (there are a lot of them on HF).

Apr 11, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #60 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kaiser fitz's minions

Already a member.
icon10.gif
(proud owner of his Black Clover interconnects)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back