my first victim
Mar 19, 2006 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

coolshot

500+ Head-Fier
2006_0319test0074.jpg

somehow while i was cleaning the cord wrapped around my chair and it pulled it off. I got the warranty no biggie, but is it worth it? i wonder how much would it be including shipping, it prolly be the same amount for brand new ones.

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 33
I think they ask for $7, and shipping shouldn't be that bad. You can always go the recable route, although the price of a higher quality cable could be more than the headphones themselves when you first bought it.

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 33
so 7 bucks plus 3 bucks if you ship usps in a cheap padded envelope? 10 bucks would be great for 50 or 100 dollar can but not a $15 one. I think this is sign for me to go ahead and pick up some audio technica es7
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:37 AM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
God's sign telling you to recable.

Ahh yes! Go get them balanced.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 33
Open the darn things up,get out the soldering iron and be a man!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just solder them back on.............Or recable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah do it! recable,recable,recable.....(forget that guy on your other shoulder,flick him off with your finger!)....recable.......

icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
Open the darn things up,get out the soldering iron and be a man!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just solder them back on.............Or recable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah do it! recable,recable,recable.....(forget that guy on your other shoulder,flick him off with your finger!)....recable.......

icon10.gif

It may be worth a try to resolder them, but the wires are VERY fine (enamel coated). It may be a daunting task to DIY.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #9 of 33
Oh man those are BEGGING to be recabled!!!

Let me know if youre interested in a sale.... I'd be willing to take them off your hands and recable them with an HD650 cable.

Garrett

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #10 of 33
Well yes,they may be hard to strip the wires,but for one,theyre already broken so its not like hes taking much risk,and for two,he already stated the $7 + shipping wasnt worth it for him to send them back under warranty. So if he doesnt have reason to fear screwing his chance at warranty then, Why not try to solder it himself?
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #11 of 33
Garrett,I asked you this in another post and i think you missed it......

On your woodied HF-1's (i think thats what they were).....Where did you get the grills for them? I like the design and i want some for my SR80's.
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #12 of 33
what would be the best bang for buck recable?

since they are broken im going to go ahead and get practice recabling and doing the kramer mod.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshot
what would be the best bang for buck recable?

since they are broken im going to go ahead and get practice recabling and doing the kramer mod.

canare star quad. at ~$.30 / foot. BUT its too heavy and stiff.

Im thinking a Senn HD650 cable at ~$15 is your best bet. Maybe the HD580 cable if you want something thinner and lighter.

Garrett

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaztastic116
i'm interested in putting my 75 drivers in a broken grado housing, but i don't know how to separate the driver from the back, silver housing. does anyone know how to do this?

I pretty shure the silver earcup IS the driver housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back