My first iPod Classic in 5 years ...
Jan 17, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 2
Hmm - looks like I made a good buy without intending to buy something that might actually appreciate in value  :D

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/06/ipod-classic-apple-fans-scramble-for-last-gadgets

One of this year’s hottest Christmas presents is no longer available in the shops. Two months after Apple announced the demise of its iPod Classic MP3 player, the model is selling secondhand for up to four times its original price as aficionados clamour to get their hands on one.

With a storage capacity double the size of any current iPods still being made, versions of the 160GB Classic – which can hold around 40,000 songs – are being sold as new via Amazon for up to £670. More than 3,000 of the models – the seventh, final version came out in 2010 – have been sold on eBay since the Classic was retired in October, most for between £350 and £500.Even refurbished older models now cost far more than the £229 for which the later generations retailed.

Aaah - the irony - mine has had almost zero use despite its storage capacity - too many toys. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back