my first imprsssion in kinera ba05
Jan 21, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 24
it's still "enroute to delivery office" whatever that means. i hope i finally get it this week. i hope nothing happens to it in the post office, (because there were 2 robberies at thd post office around the christmas holidays).

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 24
Finally finally finally. It's here. My last post was marked 22 days ago. Anyway, asided from my frustrations with the post office, i'm finally listening to my kinera bd005.

Ootb, i thought at first, where the heck is the bass? Maybe because i was walking at the side walk or because i wasn't used to iems or initial burn in really affects sound, but it sounded "pale". I don't know how to describe it, but it's like there's no bass and the instruments have no sparkle and the voices aren't round.

But after getting back in the house, i burned it with the jlabs file, pink noise and white noise -just one round- and suddenly everything's opened up.

I've only been listening to the cowboy bebop sountrack so far so i only know that the bass is indeed a star, trumpet is great without being fatiguing. Also i don't think that mids are recessed and so far, instruments are not crowded (but not as spacious as my over ear cans of course), and tje vocals are so sweet and clear. Listening to the made album by bigbang now.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #22 of 24
As the owner of Kinera BD005,Tennmak Piano, Urbanfun and KZ ZST, I can say thay to my ears Urbanfun is the number 1. It trumps all the rest in terms of resolution, clarity, soundstage, detail, their sound is the most refined and balanced, of course to my ears and from my source (Aigo Z6) :smiley:

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #23 of 24
As the owner of Kinera BD005,Tennmak Piano, Urbanfun and KZ ZST, I can say thay to my ears Urbanfun is the number 1. It trumps all the rest in terms of resolution, clarity, soundstage, detail, their sound is the most refined and balanced, of course to my ears and from my source (Aigo Z6) :smiley:

Hoe would you rank the Kinera against those 3?

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #24 of 24
So, I would say that these rank up there with my Cardas A8's in terms of fun and clarity.  The A8's add a touch more clarity, but the Kinera's give you a little more in quantity; in terms of bass.
The Kineras don't stand up to the FLC8s' in terms of clarity, but they do have a much hard-hitting bass.They have equal soundstage; which is impressive.  IF you listen to electronic; of almost any sub-genre, you'll be extremely happy with the Kinera.  I have the KZAte and the Magaosi K3's as well.  The KZAte's are much warmer and veiled in comparison.  The K3's are brighter with less bass.  I don't think the K3's are any more clear, despite having the extra BA, and have a tendency to be a little too sparkly.  All in all, of my collection, with my amps, and my subjective perception of sound, and also taking 100 listening sessions, how many times would I grab the following headphones:

1. Legend Omega 30/100 "pure and sweet"  $1200
2. FLC8s  30/100 "vibrant and fun"  $300
3. Cardas A8   20/100 "bass dream"  $200
4. Kinera BD005  10/100 "for a good time..."  $30
5. CKS1100 6/100*  "full sound"  $125
6. Magaosi K3  3/100* "bright and precise"  $140
7. KZ-Ate 1/100 "one-hit wonder" $25

*NOTE: with my Soundblaster E5, it has some good EQ-ing that can be done.  When I tweek the EQ of these headphones, I can get a really good sound that could improve the rating. This is worth noting because, if an EQ is all it takes, that means the headphone hardware is highly capable.  Consequently, they're a very good headphone, I'm just am not crazy about how the manufacturer has EQ'ed them in production.

I've had many, many other IEM's, but without having them to A-B, I don't think its fair to offer comparisons.

Although the Cardas are placed ahead of the Kineras with a seemingly large gap, I would actually place them very closely.  I think I grab the A8's so much more often because I paid so much more for them, so there's a psychological thing happening there.  I also think the CKS1100 may be a better "audiophile" headphone than the Kineras and is closer to the A8's.  However, the CKS isn't as well suited for Electronic and is more for music with vocals and acoustic and the like.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back