my first imprsssion in kinera ba05
Nov 2, 2016 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

pangji

New Head-Fier
 Resently I enjoy to try many many sub 50$ chinese brand very much .One of chinese brand earphone that I favourite is kinera ba05 so I think to write about it .

this is the specification of kinera ba05  
  1. Plug Type: L Bending
  2. Communication: Wired
  3. Model Number: Z800
  4. Connectors: AUX
  5. Resistance: 12Ω
  6. Frequency Response Range: 20-22000Hz
  7. Vocalism Principle: Hybrid technology
  8. Line Length: 1.2m
  9. Style: In-Ear
  10. Function: Noise Cancelling,Monitor Headphone,For Mobile Phone,Portable,For iPod,HiFi Headphone,Voice control,Supports music
  11. headphone interface type:MMCX interface
  12. Sensitivity: 103±3dB                                                                                                                                                                
First see I think it's design is very common not attractive but the build quality is quite good .kinera ba05 is a hybrid featuring it have 2 driver 1 balance amature and 1 dynamic driver .it retails around19.84$.It come with detachable cable.kinera ba05 is  easy to drive and worked very well with all the sources including smartphone.
fit&comfort:although it have very common design but I think it was quite very very comfortable and very good fit when you wear it.
sound:It have warm tone of sound ,good punchy bass ,Sub-bass impact and quality is good. Mid-bass presence is also good without going overboard too often.it have good detail and good instrument separation.Both male and female vocals are very nice sounding on it.The midrange is well too.the treble  without any sibilance sound.I think bass lover will like it very much.
Cons:I think if it have more treble and more wide soundstage it will be very very good.

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 24
   Resently I enjoy to try many many sub 50$ chinese brand very much .One of chinese brand earphone that I favourite is kinera ba05 so I think to write about it .

1. Plug Type: L Bending
  2. Communication: Wired
  3. Model Number: Z800
  4. Connectors: AUX
  5. Resistance: 12Ω
  6. Frequency Response Range: 20-22000Hz
  7. Vocalism Principle: Hybrid technology
  8. Line Length: 1.2m
  9. Style: In-Ear
  10. Function: Noise Cancelling,Monitor Headphone,For Mobile Phone,Portable,For iPod,HiFi Headphone,Voice control,Supports music
  11. headphone interface type:MMCX interface
  12. Sensitivity: 103±3dB                                                                                                                                                                
First see I think it's design is very common not attractive but the build quality is quite good .kinera ba05 is a hybrid featuring it have 2 driver 1 balance amature and 1 dynamic driver .it retails around19.84$.It come with detachable cable.kinera ba05 is  easy to drive and worked very well with all the sources including smartphone.
fit&comfort:although it have very common design but I think it was quite very very comfortable and very good fit when you wear it.
sound:It have warm tone of sound ,good punchy bass ,Sub-bass impact and quality is good. Mid-bass presence is also good without going overboard too often.it have good detail and good instrument separation.Both male and female vocals are very nice sounding on it.The midrange is well too.the treble  without any sibilance sound.I think bass lover will like it very much.
Cons:I think if it have more treble and more wide soundstage it will be very very good.

Great and to-the-point review; great because it hits the nail on the head.  I recently purchased these on a whim.  I had an awful time getting the fit right, regardless of the tips.  However, I think this was because I wasn't used to rotating them up in my ear so much; almost to the point that the cable was coming out horizontally.  But, once I did that, they seemed to fit fine.
I'm convinced that these phones are a rebranding of something, that its being sold under different names as well, and/or that the housing is at least plagerized from something else.

However, the most important thing is the SOUND, and these sound GREAT!  They have some deep, visceral bass that comes with punch.  The rest of the sound stays very much unaffected by the crazy bass, giving it good clarity through the entire spectrum.  I'm with you; the only two things I'd point out as areas for improvements would be:
1. Highs: the sparkle isn't very sparkly.  Present and clear, just no real excitement, or WOW, at the top end.
2. Soundstage: This is not a FX850, 3D feel.  At times, I would hear something that was outside of myself.  There was a song that came on that features a sound that tricked me into thinking it was outside of my head.  I had to take off the earphones and listed for a minute or two before I could be sure.  So, you can see that the soundstage is actually good; it just could be better.

Otherwise, these price between $32 - $50.  A price that's so inexpensive that it almost stops you from even trying it.  However, these compete with the DN-1000.  So far, the build quality has held up just fine.  No cutting out, and I've gone back and forth using the Stock cable, the Ultrasone IQ iPhone cable, and the Westone bluetooth cable without any trouble..

Lastly, the accessories package is virtually non-existent.  But that's almost to be expected at this price range.  I'd rather than put the money into the sound than getting 16 ear tips that I only end up trying 12% of.  I went with the Sony hybrid silicone tips, LL size (purple), and get a very good seal.

Anyway, I will be checking out the AD01's tomorrow and am very interested to see how those compare with these Kineras!  Otherwise, my current headphone library is:
FX850
FLC8s
Cardas A8
Audiofly Clublife Adiago
Legend Omega
CKS1100

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 24
Following up.  Unlike many other headphones I've listened to, after some time with these, I'm NO less impressed with them.  I now have the AD01, so I've gotten to do an AD01 vs Kinera ba05.  The Kinera seems so clear, and the soundstage has better depth.  The upper bass seems more natural to me on the Kinera, and the sub-bass has a great rumble.  These headphones are so much FUN, that I find myself going to them just as often, if not more often, than my higher-end headphones!  I cannot believe the value of these things, and I'm starting to wonder why have I spent SO much money on headphones, when I could just be content with these!?  (I do really, really want to try the iSine 20's, though)

These have truly made me a believer of, and much more willing to step out with, Chinese budget IEMs.  I've sold my FX850's, and would be willing to sell my A8's (if they hadn't mysteriously gotten these brown spots on them).

Now, I'm not a snooty audiophile, although I do love scrutinizing sound.  But really, its the MUSIC that I love so much more than a mechanism the plays the music.  I need clarity, I need bass, I need treble, I need clear mid's, and I need a big soundstage.  The Kinera's do ALL of this in a gratifying way for me.  Anything else beyond this is just gravy, and almost just me being obsessive (which I can certainly be).  But, I also pay careful attention to what my natural instincts are; what I gravitate towards when I want to listen to music-once I remove all thought about which phone is technically more prolific. 

I'm NOT saying that Kinera BA-05 is the best headphone on the market.  What I AM saying is that these are the best VALUE in a headphone I've ever bought.  I'm also saying that these are an extremely FUN listen; and there's ample QUALITY that comes with that fun.  The FLC8s is a better 'audiophile' headphone, with ample amounts of fun - no doubt.  But, it is also 6 to 8 times the price, and still the sub bass isn't as big.  The A8's have a very fun sound, but they aren't true detachable cables, and only have a small amount of better resolution.

CAVEAT: I must add, I believe the type of music you listen to could impact your impressions of the headphones.  I listen to almost exclusively electronic music: chillout, downtempo, hip hop instrumental, melodic progressive, liquid DnB, chillstep, synthwave, etc.  See FM-84, October Child, Ryan Farish, or listen to one of my playlists on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/madmusicjunkie/sets/party-chill
 if you're in the mood for some tunes that seem to bring out the best in these Kinera's.  

I will continue to post impressions ongoing, and comparisons as I aquire new phones.  I have the Magaosi K3's on the way and I will try to post some findings on that.

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #5 of 24
ps. i'm now looking for a dap. i'm leaning towards benjie x1 coz i'm cheap. but xduoo x2 is better sounding? and there are some listing w/ free 16gb micro sd.. what do you recommend? i want to decide before jan27 - chinese new yr..

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 24
congrats all for joining the bandwagon.  my vote for #1 value in headphones for 2016 (out of ones I purchased).  
@paomde I don't have any DAC recommendations for you.  I have the FiiO E07K, Aune T1 mkII tube amp, and the Soundblaster E5.  All around, I probably get the most fun out of the Soundblaster, because the App has some great EQ'ing options.  But, as far as the Kinera are concerned, an amp is unnecessary.  The Kinera are fun to play with the EQ, though, as you can tweak the sound of these to your liking.
The E5 is very portable, has a microphone, and is bluetooth capable; so definitely if those things interest you, its a great pick; IMO.  The ones you mention are both very good ones as well.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #9 of 24
this will be my first iem. i've only had that really outstanding and super cheap sennheiser over-ear as a freebie for my aunt's laptop i bought for her. it was my first audiophile gear i owned; but by god it was cumbersome and hot that one can only listen with it inside the house.

i left it for my sister and bought myself a phillips cruz for half-off. it's an on-ear and it's maybe more than 2 yrs old now and had developed a finnicky left channel; i have to fiddle with the 3.5mm connector and not move it. it has this holographic soundstage that i love but it's a bit hissy at the top, the bass is great, and the mids are articulate but a bit flat. i liked those senns better but the cruz is more convenient - although a bit fatiguing because of the sibilance and the ear pain of having it clamped on the head for too long. i don't listen to it for more than 2 albums.

and now, my current gear is this sony on-ear my uncle gave me. i don't know the name but i remember it being too long with too many numbers. it's ok, comfier than both the senns and cruz. maybe harder to drive and less sparkly. but i still can't take it out because of the **** isolation, also, i sweat on it once the temp reaches 38degC..

and now, i can hardly wait for kinera bd005. but damn for the player — i just discovered the walnut v2 thread. i like it because apparently, EVERYTHING sounds good with it and i want something to use for my sony on-ear at home too. my only problem with is the hassle of stripping the files of metAdata (have to do this at a shop or borrow a laptop) and that protruding volume knob when i'm commuting or moving about. and for all that hassle it HAS to sound better than benjie s5... what am i to do. also the waiting for my package! but i live in the Philippines and today is maybe the 8th day since i clicked pay, and i hear i'm very lucky. now if only the customs don't delay it or othe much more devious scenario.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #11 of 24
nope. i'm currently using my alcatel onetouch with 320kbp mp3 music. but once i get a player, i'm planning on using my phone to listen to podcasts and lectures only and my player with music..

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 24
Ok, I cannot tell you which one is better S5 or Walnut (never had one) but S5 from gearbest for 21usd is definitely a good option.

Oh yes, I listen to a lot of podcasts on my phone too! :smiley:

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #13 of 24

• Plug Type: L Bending
  • Communication: Wired
  • Model Number: Z800
  • Connectors: AUX
  • Resistance: 12Ω
  • Frequency Response Range: 20-22000Hz
  • Vocalism Principle: Hybrid technology
  • Line Length: 1.2m
  • Style: In-Ear
  • Function: Noise Cancelling,Monitor Headphone,For Mobile Phone,Portable,For iPod,HiFi Headphone,Voice control,Supports music
  • headphone interface type:MMCX interface
  • Sensitivity: 103±3dB                                                                                                                                                                
First see I think it's design is very common not attractive but the build quality is quite good .kinera ba05 is a hybrid featuring it have 2 driver 1 balance amature and 1 dynamic driver .it retails around19.84$.It come with detachable cable.kinera ba05 is[COLOR=3B3B3B]  easy to drive and worked very well with all the sources including smartphone.[/COLOR]
sound:It have warm tone of sound ,good punchy bass ,[COLOR=3B3B3B]Sub-bass impact and quality is good. Mid-bass presence is also good without going overboard too often.it have [/COLOR]good detail and good instrument separation.Both male and female vocals are very nice sounding on it.[COLOR=3B3B3B]The midrange is well too.the treble  without any sibilance sound.[/COLOR]I think bass lover will like it very much.

Great review @pangji and fantastic picture! Can you tell me where to buy them cheaper than $29.95 I see on Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back