New Head-Fier
I want a decent headphone for music/movies etc

my preferred music style is Bassy Hip hop drum beats

Budget: under $25

What do you think about Sennheiser HD202 ? Please advice me.. Thanks

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by aNtzE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the "bass" performance of ksc75 compare to the 202's ?

Well the low frequencies are performed very similarly sound quality wise, but their sound signatures are very different, afterall, the KSC75 is a supra-aural open headphone and the HD 202 is a closed circumaural headphone. With the HD 202 you get more isolation because they're closed, and so there is a bit more emphasis on the lows, but IMO the bass isn't bloated, it's actually their strongest point, as usually closed cans at this pricepoint don't do so well in the bass area, they almost always sound either artificially soulless or overblowed and muddled.

The KSC75 is a very good all-rounder, small and light, you can use them effortlessly outdoors, under any hats or helmets and they're open so you can hear the traffic etc. However, if you plan on using the headphones only at home, the HD 202 could be a better choice, as they provide isolation and don't leak much noise outside so you don't disturb others. Both are very good choices at this pricepoint.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaawa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the low frequencies are performed very similarly sound quality wise, but their sound signatures are very different, afterall, the KSC75 is a supra-aural open headphone and the HD 202 is a closed circumaural headphone. With the HD 202 you get more isolation because they're closed, and so there is a bit more emphasis on the lows, but IMO the bass isn't bloated, it's actually their strongest point, as usually closed cans at this pricepoint don't do so well in the bass area, they almost always sound either artificially soulless or overblowed and muddled.

The KSC75 is a very good all-rounder, small and light, you can use them effortlessly outdoors, under any hats or helmets and they're open so you can hear the traffic etc. However, if you plan on using the headphones only at home, the HD 202 could be a better choice, as they provide isolation and don't leak much noise outside so you don't disturb others. Both are very good choices at this pricepoint.

I don't think Koss "clip style" will meet my requirement.. I'll be mostly listening to music either at home or inside a vehicle. I just ordered a pair of 202's @ £14.50.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. It really helped me.

Nov 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #6 of 14
Despite being "clip-headphones only", they are quite famous around here for having incredibly good sound for that small money. So it was sort of obvious answer when someone asks for new headphones with that small budget.
But yes, perhaps I should have thought about that home-usage requirement bit more. KSC75 cable is not long enough for that.

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #7 of 14
Get PORTA PRO's, I believe they do have more bass than KSC75, however if you push KSC75 more closer to your ears, you will get it as well and thats the min point of clip on headphones, they just hanging...

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 14
He already ordered the HD 202's
smily_headphones1.gif

And the Porta Pro's are a notch higher in the price, looking at the list prices.

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Despite being "clip-headphones only", they are quite famous around here for having incredibly good sound for that small money. So it was sort of obvious answer when someone asks for new headphones with that small budget.
But yes, perhaps I should have thought about that home-usage requirement bit more. KSC75 cable is not long enough for that.

Yeah! I see both KSC75 & sennheiser px100's are the most rated headphones in best bang for buck category.. They seem to be worth every penny
wink.gif

I am also interested in buying a pair of Px100's which costs £14.99 ($22) Only

hope everything goes well.. I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to reply me.

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by aNtzE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think Koss "clip style" will meet my requirement.. I'll be mostly listening to music either at home or inside a vehicle. I just ordered a pair of 202's @ £14.50.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. It really helped me.

If you will be driving, don't do that.

If a passenger, you'll need isolation, lots of it. Look in to IEM (in-ear-monitors, earplugs with sound).

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 14
Yeah, driving + headphones = bad idea. But as a passenger look for either closed headphones or IEMs (earplug-type headphones), that way you save your hearing because you dont have to crank the volume up so much to beat road and ambient noise.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #12 of 14
Umm, guys, I am pretty sure he didn't mean "driving a vehicle" by "inside a vehicle", that is pretty obvious to me, who the hell drives a car with headphones on?
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaawa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm, guys, I am pretty sure he didn't mean "driving a vehicle" by "inside a vehicle", that is pretty obvious to me, who the hell drives a car with headphones on?
biggrin.gif

Euhm... errr... I ummm have done it...
redface.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Euhm... errr... I ummm have done it...
redface.gif

Oh, well okay, I don't mean to look down on you, but even if my car didn't have a stereo, it seriously wouldn't come to my mind to wear any of my headphones while driving
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back