My First EVER 3D2001 Benchmark in my Life!
Nov 6, 2002 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
http://service.madonion.com/servlet/...jectId=4970245

Above link - If it works - 12721 3D Mark.

when it finished it says it wasn't the default Settings, what else can I change to make it quicker?

Don't want to OC yet, want to make it optimal in software before OC. The Graphic are amazing, especailly Nature !

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
http://service.madonion.com/servlet/...jectId=4970245

Above link - If it works - 12721 3D Mark.

when it finished it says it wasn't the default Settings, what else can I change to make it quicker?

Don't want to OC yet, want to make it optimal in software before OC. The Graphic are amazing, especailly Nature !

Check out http://www.rage3d.com/

I have a 8500 64 meg and the highest I ever got was 9500.
That pro is one fast card.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 14
give up the obsession before it's too late. 3dmarks mean nothing.

huh?

that's right.

if all your games are dx7.0a or 8.0 and you just loaded No One Lives Forever 2 (NOLF2), it installed dx8.1.

now a lot of your old games won't run.

the only thing you have to worry about is, is it faster than the refresh rate? if your refresh rate is 60Hz, 60 fps is the minimum.
if your refresh rate is 85Hz, your fps should be 85fps minimum.

otherwise you'll have to turn off v-sync. but then don't complain about tearing.

at 1024x768 with ALL the goodies turned on (on a 17" - 21" monitor), does it equal or best the refresh rate?

wanna make it faster? turn off v-sync and all the goodies (like antroscopic texturing, anti-alaising, introduce or turn off fog, turn off sound when testing (why do you think you can't hear 3dmark2001 when it's running), turn on sound acceleration...

btw, i'm a tech with 2 comps, a 1g piii and a 1.5 p4. won't upgrade until 3.0g p4's are out (a year).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
listening to aha: the sun always shines on t.v.

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 14
Glad to see you're having fun with your new 9700! now just wait till doom3 comes out...

which, btw, i heard was actually leaked in some obscure circles. oh to be l33t enough to try it right now...

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:21 AM Post #7 of 14
funny that you mention doom3 lobstersan. my friend got it (off irc i think), its version 0.02!!! anyway, this thing requires soooo much. even the best setups today would probably run it at only 30fps max (with high-quality settings on, 1024x768 and all). damn insane.

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 14
Oooh... lucky friend!

I would ask to hook me up... but my Geforce3 Ti200 probably would only get like 5 FPS. Oh well. I'll stick to my empty Quake3 servers
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 14
it's alright, just use all low quality settings
biggrin.gif
. there are three maps to play from with that 0.02 alpha version, and the graphics in this game continue to stun me. its scary too, i can't wait until this game releases.

Nov 7, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 14
How big is the download?
(and do you have a place that I could get it?)
PM or email me if you like.
I'll host it somewhere for other head-fiers after I get it.
(for evaluation of course! We all promise to buy the game when it officially comes out.
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 7, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #11 of 14
bootman

the compressed rar file is about 364megs. my friend sent it to me through aim (were in the same room so i average 2megs if i get anything off him or his ftp..). theres no iso, cd image or anything, so it has to be run off my hard drive (its about a gig uncompressed
eek.gif
). the way we run it is sort of bootleg also. you can't just play from the menu, so you have to use commands to access the maps (as i said earlier, there's only 3). the game pretty much uses quake (3 i think?) commands, and even if you don't know them, it's not too complicated. pm me if you really want it bootman, it would be interesting to see what other people think of it.

Nov 7, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #13 of 14
The doom 3 released is only the alpha version. Although I haven't played it(too busy with Natural selection
biggrin.gif
), its suppossed to be amazing. It is an alpha version though, so performance is sub-par.

Nov 7, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 14
Ah, yes, i remember my first 3dmark 2k1 run... got a 1494. The good olde days
smily_headphones1.gif
. Before i was an emperor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back