My Final Decision!! Share E2c >VS< Etymotic ER6i
Mar 8, 2006 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Regulator10

New Head-Fier
Ok, these are the 2 headphones im most intrested in. For my price range, anyways I am planing on using one of these on my Zen Vision:M plz help me decide! Note: This is going to be my first high quality headset! never purchased over $20 for headphones before !
================================================== ==================================================
Share E2c :
Pros : I heard lots of good reviews from it.
Its got some good bass and stays tug in ur ear
Can get it for around 60-70 bucks

Cons:
I dnt like the color very well?
mad.gif

================================================== ==================================================
Ety ER-6i:
Pros : I Heard lots of Good reviews about it.
GREAT Sound quality.
I Love the Look of it. (Black) wuld match my ZV:M
smily_headphones1.gif

pretty comfortable?

Cons: I also heard alot of bad reviews about it as well.
I heard it doesnt have much bass at all?( I heard that it might be cause its not fitted in your ear properly? )
A bit more expensive.

PS: plannin on jogging with one of these Headphones

PSS: At Earphonesolution i saw that they got the ER-6i in white and in black.. but for some reason their black is cheaper? is there even a difference between them other than the color?

White : http://store.earphonesolutions.com/et6iisea.html
Black : http://store.earphonesolutions.com/eterblnew.html

Thanks for all the help i got from the pplz in my previous Thread.. i REALLY appriciate it
basshead.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 15
1. Having heard both, I would pick the er-6i for great sound quality and discreet looks.
2. There is no difference between white and black versions.
3. Don't jog with either of these IEMs. It's dangerous to you (you won't be able to hear traffic), and the thumping noise of your feet will be amplified to the point where you will go nuts. For jogging, I would just get a $14 Koss KSC-75.

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 15
Jagorev, how did I know you would be the first person eagerly commentaring on th ER-6i?

To Regulator10:

Why don't you go to a audio shop and try both of them out (or a meet). We strangers cannot decide what YOUR ears like and prefers so please go to a meet and try them out and see which YOU like better

I like E2c better by the way, but these are for YOU not for ME

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 15
This is just IMO and will disagree with many here:

I find the ER6 to be a decent value. It has no major weaknesses for an IEM other than less pronounced lower-bass.

The E3C (haven't heard the E2C), on the other hand, sounds absolutely anemic to me. Everything seems to be stuck at 500Hz without much low-bass and almost no extension above. There is pretty good detail and clarity though.

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Jagorev, how did I know you would be the first person eagerly commentaring on th ER-6i?

I'm sorry, but do you have a problem with me commenting on IEMs that I have listened to?

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 15
hehe thanks guys.. but i dnt know of any local stores where i can test these at frys doesnt even sell them nor does bestbuy.. i dnt think circuit city does either..

and yeah its prob a better idea not to use these for joggin in.. i already got a pair of jogging headphones anyways

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regulator10
hehe thanks guys.. but i dnt know of any local stores where i can test these at frys doesnt even sell them nor does bestbuy.. i dnt think circuit city does either..

FWIW, I've seen the e2c at Best Buy, but I'm not sure they'll let you try it on. And I heard someone the other say say that super.fi 3 is available at some Fry's. Also try Guitar Center if you have one nearby. Again, I doubt any store will let you try out IEMs.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 15
I have heard neither so I can't comment on sound quality (I have previously owned the shoure e3c). I can say that one thing you should cosider is comfort. I really was suprised that I didn't like the feel of the sures in my ears. More recently I have tried the triflanges and prefer them quite a bit. For this reason I would recommend the ety er6i. Best of luck.

-deagol

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #10 of 15
Go for the Etys. I returned the Shures (all models) mostly due to fit problems. They always seemed like they wanted to pull out of my ears. The cords make it seem heavier than Etymotics IMO. The sound did not impress me either. I thought the E2Cs had a decent amount of bass but it was not well controlled IMO. It lacked control. These are my impressions only. I am not an Ety fanboy, I just play one on the internet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #11 of 15
despite the e2c's getting such great reviews, everytime there's a e2c vs. er6i topic, it always seems that the er6i's win

though i don't have either one, i just bought a pair of er6i's from a hi-fier today, so i'm eager awaiting their arrival.

from what people have said, the ER6i's have a better sound and the treble is better, and personally i am a treble person.

also i hear that the e2c's dont fit well for smaller ears, and my ears are pretty small.

oh and as you can see, you know what i'm going to be using the ER6i's with
icon10.gif

<----

Mar 8, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I'd get the ER6 (NOT ER6i as those are white and you said black) due to the double-flange/ triple-flange tips.

You can now get the ER6i in black, and Ety will send you the smaller biflange tip for free (in addition to the included tri-flange). I'd pick it just for being easier to drive and sounding a bit more enjoyable imho.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #14 of 15
I just got a black pair of Etoymotic ER-6is. It comes with three different pair of flanged tips (including a triple flange and two double ones) and a set of foam tips. I like the black better than the white because the plug is "L" shaped instead of straight.

I got it at buy.com for $92, but you might be able to find it chepaer elsewhere.

ISOLATOR IPOD EARPHONE BLK CLAM ISOLATOR IPOD EARPHONES BLACK CLAM - ER6I-BLK-C

biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
You can now get the ER6i in black, and Ety will send you the smaller biflange tip for free (in addition to the included tri-flange). I'd pick it just for being easier to drive and sounding a bit more enjoyable imho.

The black version comes with the triflange, large biflange and small biflange in addition to the foams. It comes with 2 extra pair of filters too.

My older white version has only the triflange and 1 extra pair of filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back