My experience with Perfect-Seal custom ear tips
Aug 15, 2018 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Omega139

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I was looking for some nice custom ear tips, and decided to go with Perfect-Seal. I'm aware that there's a lot of good companies that design custom molds, but a lot of them are overseas. I decided to go with Perfect-Seal and was very pleased with my experience.

The eartips were for my 64 Audio Tia Fourte. When I sent my IEM and impressions in, they actually emailed me back telling me that they ran some tests on my IEM and they informed me that "It appears there is an issue with the right side. The lower mids and bass is about 3dB lower, which isn’t too terrible (but not what i would expect such an expensive iem)."

I was very surprised, and quickly contacted 64 Audio about it. They told me that my Tia Fourte was still within the warranty period, so I decided to have my IEMs RMA'd. I was very pleased with my experience with 64 Audio as well. They gave me no hassle and were more than willing to carry out the RMA with no hassle. Perfect-Seal shipped them to 64 Audio for me with no hassle as well.

After getting my RMA carried out and returned to Perfect-Seal, they finished the tips in a reasonable time frame. The fit is good, and the sound is good too. It's not as bright as say...a wide bored IEM like the symbio wide bore, but the high end is just high enough to appreciate higher frequencies, but not be fatiguing (which can happen when using wide bored tips with the tia). Keep in mind that I listen to metal music, so the constant cymbals from the drums can get fatiguing after some time :)

Mid range is clear, vocals are still intimate. Low range is preserved, and can be even more appreciated too with the tight fit.

Over time, i'll have a better idea of the sound signature of them. With that said, i'm very pleased with my experience with Perfect-Seal, and 64 Audio too as well.

Here's a photo:
https://imgur.com/a/XHUynK1

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 11
Hey guys,

I was looking for some nice custom ear tips, and decided to go with Perfect-Seal. I'm aware that there's a lot of good companies that design custom molds, but a lot of them are overseas. I decided to go with Perfect-Seal and was very pleased with my experience.

The eartips were for my 64 Audio Tia Fourte. When I sent my IEM and impressions in, they actually emailed me back telling me that they ran some tests on my IEM and they informed me that "It appears there is an issue with the right side. The lower mids and bass is about 3dB lower, which isn’t too terrible (but not what i would expect such an expensive iem)."

I was very surprised, and quickly contacted 64 Audio about it. They told me that my Tia Fourte was still within the warranty period, so I decided to have my IEMs RMA'd. I was very pleased with my experience with 64 Audio as well. They gave me no hassle and were more than willing to carry out the RMA with no hassle. Perfect-Seal shipped them to 64 Audio for me with no hassle as well.

After getting my RMA carried out and returned to Perfect-Seal, they finished the tips in a reasonable time frame. The fit is good, and the sound is good too. It's not as bright as say...a wide bored IEM like the symbio wide bore, but the high end is just high enough to appreciate higher frequencies, but not be fatiguing (which can happen when using wide bored tips with the tia). Keep in mind that I listen to metal music, so the constant cymbals from the drums can get fatiguing after some time :)

Mid range is clear, vocals are still intimate. Low range is preserved, and can be even more appreciated too with the tight fit.

Over time, i'll have a better idea of the sound signature of them. With that said, i'm very pleased with my experience with Perfect-Seal, and 64 Audio too as well.

Here's a photo:
Nice! Any pictures with them in your ears. I'm curious how the outer shell fits in the concha with the extended custom tips. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 11
Hey guys,

Here's a photo:

Where on the Perfect Seal page is the custom eartips? I only see ciems for music. Thanks

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #4 of 11
Nice! Any pictures with them in your ears. I'm curious how the outer shell fits in the concha with the extended custom tips. Thanks!

I would like to see that as well, because it seem that they may protrude a little more.
Interesting, I believe these are much more comfortable now, and you have got a nice seal.

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #10 of 11
Is this a good pic? https://imgur.com/a/JfztW6r

Please excuse the greasy look :) Just got done from a run.

Edit: I did NOT run with the IEMs, lmao
Thanks! It looks like it doesn't protrude too much farther out than with regular tips. It feels comfortable and secure in your ear? Thanks again!

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 11
I went with advanced sound eartune custom tips for my Meze Rai Penta. It's definitely decreased the annoying treble zing the penta exhibited at 6-8 khz (largely due to an ear canal resonance - partly due to their tuning). A part of me wonders if the phase of the drivers is now compromised because once the sound exits through the bores of the IEM, it then travels through another 'tube' within the silicone earpieces (probably not, but I'm no acoustician). I'm find the sound good, overall - and have to give them a few more days before I render a final verdict.

They do cause the IEMs to stick out a bit more than with standard tips however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back