my experience with livewires so far
Nov 10, 2008 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
Well i just wanted to document my experience with my livewires order so far. I had impressions made on the 15th of october and overnighted them to livewires on the 16th and they had them on the 17th. After receiving a phone call to confirm the order they had asked me how I had payed for the livewires I then informed them I payed via paypal and they said ok they would call me if there was any problems. After that livewires has gone inexistent no email responses and I recently called them for the first time after today and no one picked up so I had left them a message. I don't like the fact that whey were so good at responding to me before I had ordered them and sent the money but now that I have they have not been responsive to me at all. 3 weeks was hit last friday so I should be expecting them this week according to their estimate (right?). If anyone can give me some advice about getting through to livewires to find out what the heck is going on with my order? I really don't want to threaten to take it up with paypal but if they don't respond and I don't get them what should I be expected to do? So far I have had a very bad taste in my mouth dealing with livewires and I think I have a right to be a little upset with what i have seen.

Update: Now from October 17th they are telling me second week of December...... Everyone STAY AWAY and don't get pulled into this horrible situation like I did....

Update: Cancelled my order I have had a terrible experience and lost 5 weeks of my time waiting for them to get to me plus the time to get my impressions back I am sending a warning to all that livewires is the worst company I have ever dealt with and I could not stress how much to stay away from them and save your mind and wallet the stress of going through what I did

Update:6 days after calling to get my impressions back I called livewires to check up on it and they said they are shipping them out today and gave me a tracking number. A week to send out impressions? Again I warn of staying away from them and save your hard earned cash for something else
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 65
oh my email to them was 2 weeks ago and I haven't received a reply yet. It's my experience that earmold labs don't directly deal with public in the past, and I guess labs aren't going to hire someone just to manage the emails and the website.....

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i just wanted to document my experience with my livewires order so far. I had impressions made on the 15th of october and overnighted them to livewires on the 16th and they had them on the 17th. After receiving a phone call to confirm the order they had asked me how I had payed for the livewires I then informed them I payed via paypal and they said ok they would call me if there was any problems. After that livewires has gone inexistent no email responses and I recently called them for the first time after today and no one picked up so I had left them a message. I don't like the fact that whey were so good at responding to me before I had ordered them and sent the money but now that I have they have not been responsive to me at all. 3 weeks was hit last friday so I should be expecting them this week according to their estimate (right?). If anyone can give me some advice about getting through to livewires to find out what the heck is going on with my order? I really don't want to threaten to take it up with paypal but if they don't respond and I don't get them what should I be expected to do? So far I have had a very bad taste in my mouth dealing with livewires and I think I have a right to be a little upset with what i have seen.

Hockeyb213,

You already know the two word answer to your delimma. Ultimate Ears + Jeanette (if you want to make it three words)
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #9 of 65
yes, from my short experiences with livewires, I was very satisfied with their customer service overall... except trying to reach them by e-mail. Leaving messages took like an extra day for them to respond, so I just didnt bother and kept calling them at like a few hour interval
biggrin.gif

Whenever I needed them I just gave em a phonecall instead of bothering with anything online lol

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #10 of 65
I think they are somewhere in Castroville California? I think that's near Monterey, South of San Francisco. If I have any problems when I order some next month I'll just get my Sister in-law to go over there. They really don't want that to happen

HA HA Hockey, I'll watch to see how you like them

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 65
yeah I am sure they will it is easy to see where their priorities are though. John jumped on every one of my emails before I bought em and once I did nothing
smily_headphones1.gif
I believe I payed for 2 day shipping so if they did meet their estimate I really should be getting them in the next couple days if not today.

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 65
My experience (somewhat documented in the main Livewires thread) goes like this:
  1. great pre-sale service, emails answered within hours of being sent
  2. after I paid for them I couldn't get an email response out of them
  3. called them yesterday to arrange the return of ear pieces (more on that below) and they answered the phone right away and were polite and friendly

So why am I returning them? Simply put, I don't want my IEMs/Customs to require that I use an amp 100% of the time. The Livewires do. There is also the fact that even when used with an amp I'm finding that I have very little adjustable range (volume) even with a low gain (2) mini³. So unfortunately while the physical product is great they simply present too many problems for me to use effectively. I'm hopeful the return process will go smoothly and next up on my list to try are most likely the Hearyourself C2's.

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #14 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to have to call them again which number did you call? The 1-800 one?

Yes, I called the 800 number for the California office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back