My ER6I'S ARE HERE!
Sep 1, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #61 of 83
wow same for me MrSlacker, ya im thinkin bout gettin it tonight so i can get em before school which os comin in another week or so. but what i want to know if the 6i deliver enough bass to "satisfy" a bassshead.
etysmile.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #62 of 83
International orders!?! How?

Maybe it's me who is stupid here, but I'd like to put an order of ER-4S (and an airline adapter) to Finland. But there is no way to add this international shipment (15$) to the bill.

Additionally their shopping cart goes crazy if you try to add some accessories to the same order.

How did you do it?

And I did email to Idealsound and got a reply where they asked to add 8$ (for the international shipping) to the final bill, but...
confused.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #63 of 83
to silmaauki :

i had the same problem (living in Belgium), i E-mailed Paul, and he told me to put the money direct on his PayPal Account.
So what i did was order the phones with normal shipping, and then i did a PayPal transaction for the extra money with as reference the transaction id of the normal order (the account to send the moneu to, you can find in the e-mail from PayPal after you did your normal order).

I hope everything went Ok, I ordered them the 22 of august, Paul answered me they were shipped the 25th, but it is impossible to track them, USPS just refuces the Tracking ID, paul send me ,it keeps asking me for a destination US zip code, whith a international shipping ?? (i think they have to rewrite their use cases)

Sep 1, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #64 of 83
Ewolfs,

Thanks for info. I'll try this trick.

Happy listening,...

Sep 1, 2004 at 9:15 AM Post #65 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by silmaauki
Ewolfs,

Thanks for info. I'll try this trick.

Happy listening,...

just pay for the normal shopping cart , then pay again 8.05 dollars to etymotics@hotmail.com to make the shipping cost a round 15 dollars.
I got an automatic email from paypal with the tracking number, did you guys get it as well? Apparently it's Global Express Mail, I still do not have any information on it from the USPS site, hope it's been shipped.
Should be 3-5 working days according to USPS...
you should be able to track it from here
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Sep 1, 2004 at 10:25 AM Post #66 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by batracom
just pay for the normal shopping cart , then pay again 8.05 dollars to etymotics@hotmail.com to make the shipping cost a round 15 dollars.
I got an automatic email from paypal with the tracking number, did you guys get it as well? Apparently it's Global Express Mail, I still do not have any information on it from the USPS site, hope it's been shipped.
Should be 3-5 working days according to USPS...
you should be able to track it from here
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

No,
I didn't receive an automatic email from paypal, I had to mail Paul twice before I got a tracking number and a confirmation my order was shipped on the 25th.
when I enter the tracking number on the USPS site, I get a message that I have to enter the shipping date, after that I get a message that I have to enter my zip code, but there I’m stuck, because the input only accepts US zip codes. So I haven no confirmation that my order is really shipped, or how long it will take (now 6 working days)

Sep 1, 2004 at 12:17 PM Post #67 of 83
Batracom,

Did you really pay to etymotics(at)hotmail.com? And not to idealsound(at)mail.com?

I received another reply from Idelasound. This time they just noted that the shopping cart is fixed. I tried it, but it wasn't.
frown.gif
And I did ask for how to do the payment. No help rpovided for that matter.

Sep 1, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #68 of 83
wow, I thought this would be a post about the ER6i and how it sounds, rather than hearing about how people's ER6i's didn't arrive. Maybe we should change the title to "ER6i's didn't arrive today!"

I can't wait til we hear some in-depth reviews on these babies! I didn't care much for the ER6, hopefully the ER6i's "increased bass response" is more than just marketing b.s.

Sep 1, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #69 of 83
Initial impressions are just ok.

In a quite environment, imo the apple stock earbuds give around 75% of the sound of the ER6i. Ofcourse when in noisy environments ER6i rules supreme.

I find that classical is more enjoyable by a long margin on er6i than to stock earbuds. However rock/pop/electronic is not that great an improvement on stocks. I used the headphone out and 320AAC.

Bass is there and just right (quality and quantity).

I have only used the tri flange tips and have had no trouble getting a good seal.

Also, the package the er6i comes in is tiny(smaller than a CD jewel case).

I expected to be wowed but instead I am simply satisfied.

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #71 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPi
If this is true, then ER6i suck.
If this bs, then you're deaf.

Hi JiPi

I'm just expressing my opinions. No need for you to get angry.

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #72 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by silmaauki
Batracom,

Did you really pay to etymotics(at)hotmail.com? And not to idealsound(at)mail.com?

I received another reply from Idelasound. This time they just noted that the shopping cart is fixed. I tried it, but it wasn't.
frown.gif
And I did ask for how to do the payment. No help rpovided for that matter.

I just went on discountheadphones.com and used the paypal shopping cart to which you are led if you click on Er6i.
the payment goes to etymotics AT hotmail.com if you follow that cart, so I payed the extra 8 dollars for shipping to that address.
I got both an automatic email from paypal, saying that the item has shipped and the USPS tracking number, and a manual email from Paul saying that the phones shipped yesterday, with the same tracking number. USPS is still not telling me anything, but that usually takes some time. will be worried if nothing pops up this time tomorrow...

Sep 1, 2004 at 4:56 PM Post #73 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by ewolfs
to silmaauki :

i had the same problem (living in Belgium), i E-mailed Paul, and he told me to put the money direct on his PayPal Account.
So what i did was order the phones with normal shipping, and then i did a PayPal transaction for the extra money with as reference the transaction id of the normal order (the account to send the moneu to, you can find in the e-mail from PayPal after you did your normal order).

I hope everything went Ok, I ordered them the 22 of august, Paul answered me they were shipped the 25th, but it is impossible to track them, USPS just refuces the Tracking ID, paul send me ,it keeps asking me for a destination US zip code, whith a international shipping ?? (i think they have to rewrite their use cases)

I'm not sure, but i think you need to contact Schenker to track your package.
Have them a call and check.

Regards
Raptor

Sep 1, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #74 of 83
to Raptor18,

According to the USPS website, they work in Europe with a company called GLS, a daughter company of the UK royal Post. They have a tracking service, but naturally their tracking service doesn’t accept USPS tracking ID’s, but I can give Schenker a try, thanks

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #75 of 83
And GLS adds a week to any delivery time, at least in Finland, especially when they team up with Transpoint to bounce the package between Turku and Helsinki a couple of times before calling you to say "hey, we have a package for you." And the thing had originally landed in Helsinki and your address is in Helsinki.
rolleyes.gif

What I want to know is why some packages esscape having to go through crappy GLS. Those packages get here quick, but there's no logic to it, it's regardless of weight or value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back