My ear hurts when listening to rock on HD595
Mar 22, 2006 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dbintoro

Head-Fier
To all HD595 50omh users, are u experiencing the same thing i do? I am using PA2V2 for my amp, and when I listen to rock music, the sound become very sharp and hurts my ear
frown.gif

However HD595 is best for classical, jazz songs!
Well sometimes I listen to rock songs that has so many background music and it becomes too crowded and sharp. My volume is around more than 1/4 on the amp. How do you improve on this?

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

What I am becoming painfully aware of is that there are very few headphones that can meet everyone's needs for every type of music.

After getting my E4c's, there are certain types of music that I just don't want to listen to on my DT 770/80 Pros anymore. At the same time, the E4c's are totally inadequate for gaming, and I much prefer the DT 770s for any music that has bass that I want to FEEL as well as hear.

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 10
I'm a bit surprised to hear about your experience. I found the 595 to be really good all-rounders for every genre I listen to (including rock). Could it possibly be a source or source/amp/phones synergy issue? Do you have another source to try out? Maybe try it unamped for kicks to see if it still sounds sharp. Honestly sharp-sounding is about the last thing I would call the 595.

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 10
Try EQ'ing down the high end, or at least make sure it's flat. Is your source a computer? If so make sure you've replaygain'ed your music. Clipping bothers my ears.

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 10
wow...i think the grados will make ur ears bleed. I've never heard of the 595, but its brother, the 555, was so smooth that i can listen to rock for hours without any problem aside from falling asleep.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 10
My source is 4th generation 20 gig Ipod. I think what Luckybear said is right. "there are very few headphones that can meet everyone's needs for every type of music." I think it depends on personal satisfactions

Perhaps I should change my source, the sound quality of my ipod does not meet my expectation.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi

I haven't experienced any discomfort with my HD-595's. I use them with my notebook and mostly with a flat EQ. Listening to Jazz, Rock and Classical I have so far found them to be very pleasant and balanced, and I have yet to fully burn them in.
It could be that what is causing u the discomfort is the nature of the recording or the dynamics of the music.
Dunno if that helps, but I dont see these phones every causing me any kind of pain....unless I specifically request it
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back