My dt-990 pro's came!!
Sep 30, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass
i'm not really sure yet, i haven't tried any classical music. i would like to see a comparison between the two though, but i have to say the 595 would have to be extremely good to match these, how is the bass extension on those? the 990's seem to go even lower than my hd-280pro's did.

Good. I'm not exactly a basshead though. If you compare the curves for the two cans, the DT880's definitely are the bassier of the two. It's not as bassy as the AKG240s that I owned by the bass is a lot tighter and more controlled.
Believe me I wanted the dT990's bad, but timing and such led me to the 595's. That and the fact that I'm running it unamped atm. I'm saving my $$ for the AKg701's+amp in a few months when it hits the states so these will tide me over.

Are you runniing it out of a receiver's amp or a dedicated headphone amp?

Sep 30, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #17 of 22
Okay, you've listened to your 990s enough. If they aren't glued to your ears (there are probably worse fates), please give us a review. If you don't do it now, the headphones will take over your brain and we'll never hear from your ever again.

You have to take them off sometime!

Sep 30, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali
Okay, you've listened to your 990s enough. If they aren't glued to your ears (there are probably worse fates), please give us a review. If you don't do it now, the headphones will take over your brain and we'll never hear from your ever again.

You have to take them off sometime!

Soon, soon.

I am eagerly awaiting other impressions threads though, I kinda want to compare notes if you know what I mean.

Oct 1, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #19 of 22
Is there a delay if you order these from amazon right now? Also is there both a DT-990 and a DT-990 Pro? If so what is the difference between the Pro and non-Pro. I like how they say "2 x 250 ohms" on them. Very cool.

Man for $160...This could be an impulse buy for some, especially considering that the new 990's are hideious and these are very cool looking. I would place these in the Grado zone of style, i.e. they look like they are from a previous decade or two! I think these look the coolest of all the Beyer's I have seen. I used to think the DT-880 looked better, but now I like the "old" 990 more. Why are they making the replacements so ugly?

Has anyone compared the DT990 to a K501?

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Is there a delay if you order these from amazon right now? Also is there both a DT-990 and a DT-990 Pro? If so what is the difference between the Pro and non-Pro. I like how they say "2 x 250 ohms" on them. Very cool.

Man for $160...This could be an impulse buy for some, especially considering that the new 990's are hideious and these are very cool looking. I would place these in the Grado zone of style, i.e. they look like they are from a previous decade or two! I think these look the coolest of all the Beyer's I have seen. I used to think the DT-880 looked better, but now I like the "old" 990 more. Why are they making the replacements so ugly?

1. Delay - Yes. I ordered a few days after the initial Head-Fi rush to order them occured. My ship date got pushed back tili the end of October and hence my cancellation. I'll prolly pick up a set at another time.

2. From reviews the only difference between the Pro's and regular is the headband IIRC. Sound-wise they're the same cans.

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #21 of 22
Folks say this is the open version of the DT770 - i saw you have the DT770 as well, any comparo impressions?

Oct 2, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain

Actually someone has compared the DT990 to the K501. Check this link.

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back