:< my dog grrr...><
Jul 15, 2005 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

swee

Head-Fier
@(#*)!, my previous dog... decided to jump on the table and chew my shure e3c.. now im an unhappy chappy..

he only managed to eat one, do i have any options or time to chuck em out ><
he just so happened to chew them just before uni is about to start, and grados arnt really public friendly

untitled26ay.jpg

Jul 15, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 18
I must be deranged...the first thing that appeared in my mind was "hmm, so thats what the driver unit looks like!"...then the horror followed thereafter.

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 18
I must admit that I laughed a bit imagining the happy look on your dog's face as he merrily chewed up your 'phones. Still, I feel bad for you man. I hope you, your dog and another set of 'phones can reform the happy family.

*decides to put the grills back on his speakers so the cats don't try to do a little claw maintenance on the drivers*

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 18
OH MAN... did your dog get through those ever. That is pretty bad. But yeah, warranty should cover it. Shure has a pretty good warranty service.

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #8 of 18
Ouch! Sorry about the Shures and good luck with the warranty. Anyway, I hope your dog is fine and didn't get yelled a lot
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:06 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by swee
@(#*)!, my previous dog... decided to jump on the table and chew my shure e3c.. now im an unhappy chappy..

Hi swee,

What happened to your dog? I'm sorry for you, man... You have my deepest sympathy. Did I see a couple of E2c on Trademe? (though over priced.) Best of luck finding a new set... maybe your dog is hinting for an upgrade (the canalphones of course, not the dog)

Best of luck,
Overlunge

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #10 of 18
nahh still got the dog but he'll be outside for a while....

I've shot shure an email to see what they say if its worth repairing, i some how doubt tho that the waruntee covers dog attacks :<

Yea saw those e2c, but dont really want to downgrade, dont reallly want to get the e3c again as well, i loved em but feels wierd buying something i had before, i might be forced into getting some e4c ><.

Ah well i guess stuff like this happens, im sure ill find it funny someday.....in the mean time it still hurts
frown.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:36 AM Post #11 of 18
Cheer up, mate... Just sent you a PM

Overlunge

Jul 15, 2005 at 11:52 AM Post #12 of 18
rap yourself on the head several times sharply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swee
sorry i just needed to vent some anger ><, he's never chewed a single thing for a year, and he goes on and takes the most valued item on my desk,

[on soapbox]
A bit overboard on the anthropomorphizing here. Do you really believe that the dog:
1) is out to get to you?
2) comprehends our (human) concept of value?
3) can figure out which objects you value?

I truely hope that you mean you are angry at yourself rather than at the dog. I have taught classes at the local dog training club regularly for some time and am impressed with how often handlers inappropriately blame their dogs, misattributing malevolence to what is actually innocent behavior. "He is blowing me off." "She did that on purpose." All they accomplish by getting mad at the dog in these situations is to train Fido to be anxious and submissive.

From the dog's point of view:
<Here's this mouth-sized object with fascinating textures that smells like my pack leader's ears when I lick his face. Oh boy!>

The lesson to be learned is "Prevention is much more effective than untraining."

The mantra for dog owners: I will not get mad at the dog for my mistakes.

[off soapbox]

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #13 of 18
i know that he doesnt know what he's chewed....its just abit raw at the moment and for now i cant blame him for what happened :/

Im keeping him outside for now, hopefully he knows why...

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #14 of 18
but you have to admit, your dog has a quite good taste!
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #15 of 18
Your dog is a mere novice. My dog has chewed and eaten, over the past few years:
1 pair Ety ER4S
2 pair Ety ER4P
1 pair Ety ER6
1 pair Panasonic JE50
1 pair Stax SRM-001 (left the amp alone, though)
1 pair Sony MDR-E888
Still have the dog, and replaced all the 'phones except ER6.
Once they get a taste for this stuff, they can't seem to get enough.........kinda like the people here.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back